Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/oakislan/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Oak Island Treasure • View topic - The History Channel and Oak Island

The History Channel and Oak Island

The Oak Island Money Pit in the media - news, press releases, tv and online.
Have you come across an interesting link? This is the place to share it.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

The History Channel and Oak Island

Postby Procutus on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Greetings, one and all;

I just recently heard that the production company that brought us 'Ancient Aliens' on the History Channel, is currently at work producing a multi-part documentary on Oak Island and its treasure. I was somewhat surprised that no one had started a thread on this yet, so I felt I was safe in doing so.

Clearly, this project has the blessing of Dan and his partners, and I'd be very interested in hearing from those in the know just what approach the producers are taking with this show and what might set it apart from the multitude of other OI programs that have been done in the past. I understand that Petter is here as well, so certainly they must be examining his theories too.

From my perspective, this is exciting stuff. I sincerely hope that this program will be readily available for viewing and not just in Canada. In the years since I first heard Leonard Nimoy intone the words 'Money Pit' on the old 'In Search Of' program, awareness of Oak Island and it's legacy has crept beyond the borders of Nova Scotia. I feel that it's incumbent upon the producers to have their show in a wide range of markets.

OK, off my soap-box, for now, LOL! I hope this generates a lively discussion.

regards to all,

Proc
"Nothing happens unless first we dream."
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Re: The History Channel and Oak Island

Postby D'Arcy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi Proc:

Through most of this summer an independent film-production company, Prometheus Entertainment from Los Angeles, has been in Nova Scotia putting together a reality series documentary about the Oak Island mystery. It's to be a six-hour (in 30-minute sequences) series that they've already pre-sold to the History Channel. Late last year Prometheus signed an agreement with Dan Blankenship and Rick & Marty Lagina (of the Michigan Group) to film on the island while the search was taking place this summer. The show's Production VP is Joe Lessard and the Co-Executive Producer is Kathryn Haydn-Hays. The series will probably be televised in North America sometime next year, and will cover a number of angles and theories related to the search.

Cheers,

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Procutus on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:53 pm

D'Arcy;

Many thanks for the info! Sounds quite intriguing, and I'm quite happy to hear that it will indeed be broadcast down here in the States. Three hours total of programs should cover a lot of ground, I would think.

Do you know if Fred Nolan has any involvement or is to be interviewed for the show?

regards,

Proc
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby D'Arcy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Yeah, I think they managed to get him on board.
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Procutus on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 am

This should be quite interesting to watch. I can't wait. My DVR will stand at the ready.
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby Ghost of Oak Island on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 am

Post by D'Arcy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi Proc:

Through most of this summer an independent film-production company, Prometheus Entertainment from Los Angeles, has been in Nova Scotia putting together a reality series documentary about the Oak Island mystery. It's to be a six-hour (in 30-minute sequences) series that they've already pre-sold to the History Channel. Late last year Prometheus signed an agreement with Dan Blankenship and Rick & Marty Lagina (of the Michigan Group) to film on the island while the search was taking place this summer. The show's Production VP is Joe Lessard and the Co-Executive Producer is Kathryn Haydn-Hays. The series will probably be televised in North America sometime next year, and will cover a number of angles and theories related to the search.

Cheers,

D'Arcy

Hi D'Arcy

Some of your info is not correct Kathryn Haydn -Hays is no longer here she was only here a few weeks. It is also 6 one hour show which should viewed in Oct. Watch the history channel for Fall line up. It is also to be viewed internationally.

I am sorry I can not reveal what the shows are about but you will hear and see things that have never been seen or heard of before. As things can be released it will be put up by Rick Lagina and I on FriendsofOakisland.

Thanks everyone for the interest and as the series is viewed maybe Friends can put up a question and answer section . Garnette Blankenshiip
Ghost of Oak Island
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Procutus on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Garnette;

Thanks very much for the update - I'm delighted to know that it will air this year and I don't have to wait until 2014. This is really good news.

Very best of luck to you all, and when time permits, drop me an e-mail. I know you're pretty busy right now, but it's always a pleasure to hear from you.

regards,

Tim
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby D'Arcy on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Garnett:

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Ghost of Oak Island on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Tim got your pm and will write soon very busy here. As soon as \I get some free time I will drop you a line. It's been a long time since we talked. G

D'Arcy you are welcome.
Ghost of Oak Island
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Procutus on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Ghost of Oak Island wrote:Tim got your pm and will write soon very busy here. As soon as \I get some free time I will drop you a line. It's been a long time since we talked. G

Looking forward to it, Garnette and no rush. I know this is a very busy time, and hopefully an exciting one as well. Definitely looking forward to the broadcasts in October.

regards,

Tim
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Next

Return to News & Press