Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/oakislan/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Oak Island Treasure • View topic - TV show on Vikings

TV show on Vikings

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

TV show on Vikings

Postby acdonah on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi All,

Digging for the Truth
HISTORY Feb 13 09:00pm

"The Vikings: Voyage to America"
Josh Bernstein sails a Viking ship from Denmark to discover what made the Vikings such masterful mariners.

Original Airdate: February 13, 2006.

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

TV

Postby Tank04 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:27 am

Acdonah,

I'm afriad I won't get to see that one. We have what my daughter commonly refers to as Ghetto Vision. Three channels, no cable or satelite nadda. She is not amused.....................
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby acdonah on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:01 am

Hi Tank,

That poor kid...:D How is a teenager(guessing) suppose to function without Music TV...:D

The show actually detailed Eric the Red's travels West.

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

Postby badinfluence63 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:01 am

acdonah,

If my memory serves me right I believe the Vikings being in NS were questioned and thought to be preposterous UNTIL 1 or 2 villages had been located in NS in the 1900's sometime.

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

vikings

Postby Vincent on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:25 pm

BI.

I once saw a documentary on TV(about 3/4 years ago that was about an almost in-tact viking long boat found during a dig under what is now a part of Dublin harbour(southern Ireland).
If memory serves they went on to discuss Viking or possible Viking activities in the NE of the Americas.
if i remember rightly there has been evidence of a viking settlement in greenland, if that is right i think its safe to asssume that once they got that far and established a foot hold they could have easily ventured further west, ie Nova Scotia.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby acdonah on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:56 pm

Hi All.

The main aspect of the Vikings having inhabited NS is that it is evidence of early access to OI prior to Columbus and other explorers. The timeline would be much earlier. Therefore, the workings on OI could have been much older than expected. I don't think the Vikings are the strongest theory for the MP, but they are definitely the first pioneers in that area, other than the Natives. They lead the way for others.. :D

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Vincent on Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:08 pm

Acdonah.

Like you a dont think the vikings and the MP go together, your point about the age of the works on OI is good though as i suspect the common theory is that they are about 50/80 years older than the DDM discovery date of 1795, i think they may be a little older than that, but not by much.

for what its worth i think the vikings did make it as far as NS, they were tough, adventurous, resorceful and willing! thay make for great candidates for extensive travels in that part of the world.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Return to Your Theories