Castle at the Cross

A place to discuss the wider context of the Oak Island mystery

Moderators: Jo, Keeled_over

Postby dragon lady on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:27 pm

Tank,
Walls? What Walls? Please tellus more about theses Bayers Lake Mystery Walls!
DL
dragon lady
Future Tour Guide

Bayers Lake Mystery walls

Postby Tank04 on Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:41 pm

DL,

Go to this site maintained by an old acquaintance of mine, John Coleman.
http://www.vortexmaps.com/novascotia/page15.html

John’s site gives not only photographs of the Bayer's lake Mystery Walls, but a short description. I have been there myself for a look and it is very odd, especially when you consider where those walls were in relation to the city of Halifax in the 1800's and earlier. I have heard some say that they are remnants of work conducted by the stone masons who built a series of dams outside Halifax for a water supply and electricity production. But, there are many problems with that explanation that just don’t allow it to fit very well.

They are situated almost on top of a long incline, probably a couple of miles from the ocean and the view from the very top is spectacular.

Is it a fort, settlement, encampment or a trick played by some very energetic fool? We don't know, but, the Province of Nova Scotia has seen fit to declare it a "Special Place" under legislation to protect such places.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Re: Castle at the cross

Postby Rick on Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:04 pm

Tank04 wrote:Joan is her own worse enemy (in her book) in that it is very difficult for me to accept a person's testimony 100% when they start talking about seeing leprechauns driving away in their neighbours car.

Oh no, they're after me Lucky Charms!
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby dragon lady on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:48 pm

Tank,
Thanks for the link! More unexplained things to dig into.
DL
dragon lady
Future Tour Guide

Re: Castle at the cross

Postby FutureProspect784 on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:04 pm

Rick wrote:
Tank04 wrote:Joan is her own worse enemy (in her book) in that it is very difficult for me to accept a person's testimony 100% when they start talking about seeing leprechauns driving away in their neighbours car.

Oh no, they're after me Lucky Charms!

Those little b*stards already stole mine! :lol: :evil: :lol:
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Dirty secret

Postby Tank04 on Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:30 pm

DL,

This province has a dirty little secret. It's history is far longer than anyone has given it credit for being. But, that is not proven, it is just an accepted discovery away.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby dragon lady on Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Tank,
Sort of like us down here with all these odd carvings in rocks & astronomically aligned stone areas
DL
dragon lady
Future Tour Guide

Postby Marauder on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:07 pm

It's sad that Joan's books are no longer available to read. John Bear's "Basket Stories" was there as well. Is there another link?

From what I remember about the leprechauns, Joan had this pointed out to her by a local student that was helping her at the time. The student had asked her if she had heard about the leprechauns, and that was when they witnessed the alleged event from a window which faced the neighbour's property.

Add that to the multiple UFO reports and one could begin to think that there was a thin line between genius and insanity ( Joan is a member of Mensa ).

But I have not dismissed her other findings because of this. I have seen a "UFO", and am of Irish descent... :)

It is interesting that The UFO event took place at Point Pleasant Park...an intersection point on JC's geometry, of which New Ross is also involved.

Here's a cool stream about Merlin in America. It's a long show, and at the end of the stream there is a facinating interview regarding UFO's. You can Fast Forward to it . Click on the "Listen Now" link,and select the merlin stream when the player pops up.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/?id=308
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby FutureProspect784 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:04 pm

Marauder wrote:( Joan is a member of Mensa ).

Those people are supposed to be smart, right?
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:01 pm

DL,

You mean the Westover Knight?

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

PreviousNext

Return to Nova Scotia History & Geography