UK Meeting...

Details of Oak Island related events, meets and adventures across the world.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

UK Meeting...

Postby Jo on Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:31 pm

I think it would be a great idea to arrange for all of us UK followers of the mystery to try and arrange a meeting of minds. We should not be intimidated by our Canadian comrades and show them that we too can support the mystery!

If anyone would be interested in meeting over a pint or two possibly nearer Christmas to meet in person, share thoughts and ideas let me know and I'll see what I can arrange! :wink:
Jo
Site Admin

UK meeting

Postby PJK on Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:37 pm

Good idea Jo! You can count me in for this (work permitting). I'm London based if we're looking for a common denominator.

Kind rgds

PJK
PJK
Digging for Diamonds

UK Meeting

Postby . . . on Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:06 am

Location and timing will no doubt be a problem, except for London based members. Perhaps we should determine the locations of interested parties before finalising anything. I make only eight members who have declared themselves to be based in the UK (and this includes Steve!)

I doubt I could make a London meeting this year (though may be able to), but could probably do so next year. If a few members get together this year then maybe they could look at the possibility of a later meeting, hopefully with a larger group.
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

UK Meet

Postby Jo on Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:34 pm

This is good to hear. :D I work in London too so maybe a few of us should get together for an informal chat in a comfortable pub somewhere over a pint of London Pride!

It would be great to put a face to our email aliases!

Lets see who else might be interested...
Jo
Site Admin

Postby MadAsToast on Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:22 pm

Ahhh a meet up would be good, though it's unlikely that i will be in London again this year, i was only there last week, and i'm moving house on Friday so will be pretty much tied up.

Let me know when the next gathering is and i'll make time to come and see you all.
MadAsToast
Digging for Coal

Postby JohnBartram1 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:12 pm

Count me in, too. London would be most convenient.
JohnBartram1
Digging for Gems

Postby Jo on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:57 pm

Of us few UK people, how many would still be interested in meeting up sometime in the near future?
Jo
Site Admin

Return to Oak Island Events