Oak Island Ottawa Postscript

Details of Oak Island related events, meets and adventures across the world.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Oak Island Ottawa Postscript

Postby Nancy on Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:27 am

Danny (Tank03) gave his lecture here tonight. I just wanted to say it was fantastic. He is a great story teller and everyone who attended seemed to have an avid interest in the story. I think it is more than fair to say everyone was very happy with the talk and enjoyed this presentation immensely.

And I have learned that it is possible to weed out some Oak Island enthusiasts in town by walking around for 3+ hours posting flyers :lol:

I highly recommend anyone to have Danny speak at locale near you :)

Thanks Danny for a great lecture. I hope to hear it again sometime with the conclusion of how the treasure was recovered ;)

Nancy
ImageNancy
Nancy
Digging for Coal

Postby Ken on Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:38 am

Thanks for the report, Nancy. Although I haven't heard Danny's talk on OI, it doesn't surprise me a bit that he can carry a room. He is a very knowledgeable guy!

How many turned out for the talk? Were they members of your organization, or did you have a number of walk ins?

Thanks again,

Ken
Ken
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Nancy on Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:39 am

Hi Ken,

Well, I organized this on my own and without an association with a group. There was a very short timeframe so I had to rely on a few emails to societies, but mostly flyers around town. I had absolutely no idea what to expect. Apart from a few coworkers who were expected, I was pleasantly surprised to see about 16 more people. So about 20 people total. Thats with most of the flyers up only since the 1st of september (I tried to post some before the end of the month, but they get torn down on the 31st so its a waste of time so close to the end). The max would have been 40 for the room.

What's difficult is that Oak Island interest is a real niche. If people know about it they love it; if they don't know about it, its hard to explain that there is buried treasure in Nova Scotia ;)

Given the time, I was very happy that anyone had shown. And those that had come were very enthusiastic about the topic. It seemed like a good group of people.
ImageNancy
Nancy
Digging for Coal

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:08 am

Hi Nancy, I'm truly dissapointed I couldn't make it - I tried to swing it but work got in the way unfortunately.

Perhaps another time I will get to hear the illustrious Tank speak :)

Dave
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Postby Ken on Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:53 am

Nancy wrote:Given the time, I was very happy that anyone had shown. And those that had come were very enthusiastic about the topic. It seemed like a good group of people.

Thanks, Nancy. I'm glad it went over so well.
Ken
Digging for Diamonds

OI presentation

Postby Tank03 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:10 pm

Nancy,

I would like to thank you here publicly for the opportunity you provided last Tuesday evening for me to tell people in Ottawa the story of Oak Island.

As you may have garnered from my presentation length, I love delivering this fabulous story, I hope I did not cause you any grief because of the timing, I do tend to get on a roll sometimes.

The people were great enthusiasts and I was surprised how many were actually in Nova Scotia recently, two of them on Oak Island too although illegally. Great questions were asked and I fed off the enthusiasm. I sold five medallions on behalf of the Society and even received an $8 donation from one woman who was $2 short of the asking price for the medallion, She was thrilled to be able to help.

I would do this again in a heartbeat, and again, I extend my thank you to your friends and to you for being such a good host.
Member of the Oak Island Tourism Society
To be one, ask one....
Visit www.oakislandsociety.ca
Tank03
Digging on Oak Island

Postby eldridge on Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:04 pm

Bravo Zulu!
Great job Danny! You do the Society, this forum and all Nova Scotians proud!
sincerely,
Kel
eldridge
Digging for Diamonds

Postby andrew on Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:40 am

Tank, (Danny i guess lol)

How much does it cost for you to give a presentation about Oak Island to a group of interested individuals.
andrew
Digging for Gold

Postby andrew on Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:44 am

People should be more educated about Oak Island. In my mind, I can picture Tank giving a presentation to hundreds of people at a time to raise money for OITS. Think of the potential! :idea:
andrew
Digging for Gold

Presentation

Postby Tank03 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:30 am

Andrew,

The cost of a presentation is not that expensive, getting to a good venue with lots of people is pricy though. Especially where it means travel. My trip to Ottawa was two fold, Nancy did not fly me up especially for it. Of course, I would go anywhere as long as my expences were met.

The OITS has several ways it makes money, through the sale of our medallions, decals and, membership. We also put on commnity events now and then like dinner theatres with an Oak Island theme of course, and "Explore Oak Island Day".
Member of the Oak Island Tourism Society
To be one, ask one....
Visit www.oakislandsociety.ca
Tank03
Digging on Oak Island

Next

Return to Oak Island Events