Oak Island Lecture - Ottawa

Details of Oak Island related events, meets and adventures across the world.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Oak Island Lecture - Ottawa

Postby Nancy on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:00 am

Happenstance is a great thing. I posted here not long ago and Danny happened to see my location and be coming to Ottawa. So with a little drive, the following lecture is taking place in Ottawa.

If anyone here is interested, please contact me via private message or email nancy_44@hotmail.com

For privacy reasons, my number is taken off this version of the flyer (after all this is the internet!) :)

I"m looking forward to meeting Danny and hearing all about my favourite mystery :)
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageNancy
Nancy
Digging for Coal

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:49 pm

I will be within 1 hour of Ottawa for the long weekend (at the cottage), but will unfortunately have to go back to work on Tuesday. Too bad, I would have liked to attend!

Dave
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Postby Ishmael on Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:54 pm

I don't want to put a damper on this, but I think you misspelled "hear" in your statement "here the story." I know things like this may seem minor, but even though I'm a follower of the Oak Island story, I would have second thoughts on attending the talk if the flyers demonstrated such a mistake, suggestive of poor quality. One of the things we all must do in order to promote good press and further interest about OI is to present things as flawlessly and professionally as possible.

My 2 cents, and sorry to sound so critical, I really am trying to help. :oops:

Trev
Ishmael
Digging for Diamonds

Postby eldridge on Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:41 pm

The terms Templarism and Freemasonry are interchangeable. Varied orders---same Craft.
eldridge
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Nancy on Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:08 am

Trevelyan wrote:I don't want to put a damper on this, but I think you misspelled "hear" in your statement "here the story." I know things like this may seem minor, but even though I'm a follower of the Oak Island story, I would have second thoughts on attending the talk if the flyers demonstrated such a mistake, suggestive of poor quality. One of the things we all must do in order to promote good press and further interest about OI is to present things as flawlessly and professionally as possible.

My 2 cents, and sorry to sound so critical, I really am trying to help. :oops:

Trev

LOL all you had to do was say it was misspelt. I would normally have noticed but have been in a hurry to get this ready. :)
ImageNancy
Nancy
Digging for Coal

Speling

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:31 pm

Reminds me of this little poem...

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your please two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My checker tolled me sew.

(sauce unknown)
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Postby Nancy on Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:06 pm

LOL very funny van :)
ImageNancy
Nancy
Digging for Coal

Ottawa Presentation

Postby Tank04 on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:59 pm

Posters,

As you know, Danny (aka tank03 &04) is going to Ottawa to give an Oak Island presentation for one of our newest oakislandtreasure members "nancy" on September 7 at the Rosemount library, 18 Rosemount Street, Ottawa. I would dearly love to meet any site member (or others) who may be in the area, so put this on your travel plans if you can. Contact "nancy" for further details. I'll have some dandy old pictures to show off.

That is not the only reason I am going to Ottawa of course, but I will be gone for about a week and a half so if anyone tries to private message me, or if you are wondering why I am not posting much, that is the reason why.

In the meantime, I will be anxious to get back (always anxious to get back to Nova Scotia) and see who posted what and if there are is any new information to add to the puzzle that is Oak Island.

Have a great week or so everyone. 8)
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Details

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:41 pm

Hi folks,

Since Nancy's image with the details seems to have dissapeared, does anyone recall the time, cost and whether you need to reserve a seat?

I've e-mailed Nancy at the address given but it bounces. I've PM'd her so perhaps she'll get that or see this post.

I'm considering going if I can swing it, but probably won't know till the last minute.

Thanks,

Dave
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Postby Nancy on Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:12 pm

Flyer is fixed :)
ImageNancy
Nancy
Digging for Coal

Return to Oak Island Events