Presentation on 20 June 2009

Details of Oak Island related events, meets and adventures across the world.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: Presentation on 20 June 2009

Postby n4n224ccw on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:23 pm

The first Oak Island presentation I offered was today at the Western Shore and Area Association.

The title is "Essential History of Oak Island 1753 to 1795". The presentation commenced at 7pm and concluded at 9:30pm. There were 22 folks in attendance which include four people who currently live on Oak Island, several members of this forum, members of the Oak Island Tourism Society, friends from the NS-Explore group, a few others, and even a representative from the local media.

I would personally like to thank the Western Shore and Area Association for making this event possible.

I think the presentation went very well and I will be back next year with two additional presentations which cover the period 1795 to 1849 and 1850 to 1895.

For those who could not make the event, here is a link to the presentation, a pdf document at 13.1MB in size.

Enjoy

http://forum.oakislandtheories.com/ppt/EHOIto1795.pdf
Last edited by n4n224ccw on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Rick on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks Paul , I enjoyed the presentation. It was an eye opener. The presentation was professionally done. Thank you... you started a spark!
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby Ghost of Oak Island on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi Paul
We also enjoyed the presentation you gave,I guess the next thing to is start saying now that the 1795 date we have all used over the years as a stating date has to be changed,guess next year as we were thinking it to be Oak Islands 215 Birthday is now proved to be not so. We had even started talking about celebrating next year.Guess we can't do that now as it wouldn't be accurate.I am very glad to hear you will be presenting more next year. Also let me pass on what a local who attended told me. They said they were happy that it was back at the Western Shore and Area Improvement Assoc. as they missed hearing about it. Local people have not been welcome at the resort over the years and it is not a place they feel welcome now. Thanks again for the great presentation I learnt a lot. Garnette
Ghost of Oak Island
Digging for Diamonds

Postby n4n224ccw on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Ghost of Oak Island wrote:Hi Paul
We also enjoyed the presentation you gave,I guess the next thing to is start saying now that the 1795 date we have all used over the years as a stating date has to be changed,guess next year as we were thinking it to be Oak Islands 215 Birthday is now proved to be not so. We had even started talking about celebrating next year.Guess we can't do that now as it wouldn't be accurate.I am very glad to hear you will be presenting more next year. Also let me pass on what a local who attended told me. They said they were happy that it was back at the Western Shore and Area Improvement Assoc. as they missed hearing about it. Local people have not been welcome at the resort over the years and it is not a place they feel welcome now. Thanks again for the great presentation I learnt a lot. Garnette

Thanks so much Rick and Garnette.

I think the correct starting year for people to talk about the history of ‘Oak Island’ (with this formal name), would be 1764; and a start date of 1753 for English activity (as best we know today). We certainly know the island’s history didn’t 'just' commence out of the blue in 1795.

If any specific date was to be used for a birthday, then 24th of October 1764 would be the one. This is the first date as currently found in any record, when the name Oak Island is first used. That would make for the 245th birthday coming this year!
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Postby mutakwe on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi Paul!

Thanks to you for your very informative and well organized presentation. I enjoyed it very much.

Joy
"Never Give Up" - Dan Blankenship
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby n4n224ccw on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:23 am

mutakwe wrote:Hi Paul!

Thanks to you for your very informative and well organized presentation. I enjoyed it very much.

Joy

Thanks Joy,

Glad you could make it down and see the presentation.

n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Previous

Return to Oak Island Events