THE FRANCIS BACON SOCIETY MEETING

Details of Oak Island related events, meets and adventures across the world.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

THE FRANCIS BACON SOCIETY MEETING

Postby Jo on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:52 pm

Some of you may be interested in attending this meeting. You need to book places so if anyone would like a copy of the document in Word format so they can use the formatted reply slip, just email me and I'll send a copy to you.

Jo

THE FRANCIS BACON SOCIETY (FOUNDED 1886)

Notice is hereby given that

The Annual General Meeting
Will be held in

University of London Library, (4th floor)

Senate House, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU

Block to North of the British Museum

(Tubes: Goodge Street, Northern Line: Tottenham Court Road, Northern and Central Lines: Russell Sq. Piccadilly Line.)

On

THURSDAY 3rd AUGUST, 2006

Doors open 2.00 pm.
AGM – 2.10pm to 2.25pm (members only)

To be held in the Dr Seng Tee Lee Centre Seminar Room, followed by:

A Talk by Dr. John HENRY from 3.00pm –4.30pm

To end at 4.45.pm (sharp)

For the transaction of the following business:

To receive the Report of the Council & the Statement of Financial Activities for the year ended 31st December 2005 and the Balance Sheet at that date.
To elect members of the Council. Mr Peter Welsford and Mr Gerald Salway are due to retire this year and offer themselves for re-election.
To re-appoint the Auditors: Messrs. F.W.Stephens (Chartered Accountants), for 2006.
Any other business.
Nominees for election and any special resolutions must be received by the Secretary before the 13th July, 2006.

By order of the Council: G.N. Salway, Secretary, Flat 1, Lee House, 75a Effra Road, London SW19 8PS. 23rd June, 2006.

If you would like to attend Dr. Henry’s talk entitled: “The Secret Life of an Alchemist: Francis Bacon’s Real Philosophy of Nature” ~ please detach & return the slip to the Secretary.

Dr. John Henry is a Senior Lecturer in Science Studies at Edinburgh University.

Refreshments will be provided (tea/coffee and biscuits). Guests are welcome. (No charge).

Application forms to join the Society will be available. [Web site details on: www.baconsocietyinc.org].

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - --- - - - --- - - - --- - - - --- - - - --- - - - -

To The Secretary, The Francis Bacon Society, Flat 1, Lee House, 75a Effra Road, London SW19 8PS.

Please note all seats must be pre-booked.

I wish to attend Dr. Henry’s talk at The University of London Library, (4th floor) on Thursday, 3rd August, 2006.

Please book me a seat. I will bring … guests.

Name………………………Date……………...Signed………………………………..

Guest Name/s ………………………………………….

Please return to the Secretary by 27th July, 2006.
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Return to Oak Island Events