The Truth Will be Known

The Oak Island Money Pit in the media - news, press releases, tv and online.
Have you come across an interesting link? This is the place to share it.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: The Truth Will be Known

Postby mutakwe on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi Cerris, me ol' buddy. How are things going in your neck of the woods? Nova Scotia is in some kind of heat wave, (for here anyways).

Everyone deserves to tell their story and I will say that my evidence takes me to two distinct layers. First the work was carried out, and then some years later is when a certain individual returned to plant the chests. This person was one of the original builders of the Oak Island project, isn't that something...he returned!! I have gone the extra mile with this and by luck and a prayer managed to track down his very decendants still living in Nova Scotia to this day. It wasn't any easy chore, but phone call after phone call, and almost ready to give up the Lord smiled down. Found two families of connected ancestors. Both sets of relatives hit me with the same spooky admonishment. "Keep a close eye on your records, girl"...(and you won't see this in my book), because the family had the proof and some remaining records which subsequently suddenly vanished from the Nova Scotia archives. Both of them told me this same thing completely independent of the other. The female relative refused to go on record, and I could listen to her hurt from the conversation. She was even a little bitter at first, but I assured her I was not out for money, just to tell the truth. I said I would withhold her name in respect, however, I will tell you the very name of that man, so long ago, that put those chests there, what was in them, and the incredible secret they held. I told you this gets much bigger than you can imagine, and what is there is still only part of the story. Take care buddy, I'll send you a short video of the pirates cove I investigated, ok? Joy.
"Never Give Up" - Dan Blankenship
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby mutakwe on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:25 pm

To CERRIS: Ok buddy, kept my word and sent over no less than 7 very short video clips of what might have been an eighteen century pirate careening spot. I went out on investigation in 2011 and I really got to say this was hidden. But through persistence and knocking on a lot of doors and tramping through woods, pestering everybody...at last it was found. But the only way to tackle this is by boat. And so with a little help, borrowing, and begging, I managed to get a drive close, (thanks to the Mira MacKeigan's). The entrance, Cerris, was so inaccessible that I had to actually alight from the boat and into a rubber dinghy right in the main river. A thick crop of eel grass is blocking the entrance and all around, as if on guard. It was real serene and spooky inside, not unlike the feeling you get being in a graveyard.

Folks, Cerris, like most of us here loves maritime naval history and he is kindly putting together a web page about the cove described above as well as what could prove to be an authentic stone lamenting Capt. Kidd's unlucky demise. I have seen an image of that stone, and I must say just by looking the patina is quite impressive. But it may be a different story until I track it down and get a good look - up close and personal like. Now I did do a little research on this Cerris, and found an old story from 1909, and just listen to this: They found their way to the cove and at that time, before all that silt got in there, one could glimpse below the surface just enough to recognize the remains of what appeared to be ship's masts. There was evidently more than one, gee I wonder what made them all sink simultaneously like that?

Anyways, let me know about the film if you got that. Also have some lovely stills, and have tracked down two wonderful articles of what very little information remains of this. Let me know about the clips is all I ask. Joy
Last edited by mutakwe on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby The KGT Kidd on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:21 am

Hi joy, where are the clips you mentioned? It's sweltering hot here too Joy, my dear wife (who I don't deserve of course) lies basking in the sun every day on the local beach but people will keep dragging her back into the sea, hope she don't read this.:lol: I try to play sticky golf but it's not easy trying to hit a little two inch golf ball accurately at about eighty mile an hour with sweat trickling down into your eyes, my former buddy said it helps me to play better. :lol:

all the best

Cerris
The KGT Kidd
Digging for Gems

Postby mutakwe on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi Cerris, you didn't get them?? Strange, they were sent over yesterday and the program I used was Dropbox. There are 7 and these chew up a lot of space. I wonder if I overfilled your mailbox. I may have to send them individually. I'll just go and test and send only the first one out and how about letting me know if you got that. We\ll work it out for sure. j.
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby The KGT Kidd on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Joy, yep seen all the vidios, thank you for sending them to me. I wish I could have been there with you. :(

Picture me armed with a machete intrepidly hacking a safe path for you to follow through the dense undergrowth like a courageous trail blazing explorer, until I saw that bone on the ground :shock: then it's "so long kid you're on your own". :lol:

Cerris
The KGT Kidd
Digging for Gems

Postby mutakwe on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:41 pm

G'day mate, well I think you would have made a very intrepid pirate/explorer indeed!....lol. Just listen to this: I was on the net browsing around and found a site called Moosebait.com. It said that there is believed to have been a pirate careening yard there and on that site a little sawmill was later built. But the sawmill had to be abandoned because of........ghosts! I told you when I was in there it is spooky like when you visit a graveyard. I got a very foreboding feeling...now I am really creeped out. But I was respectful and disturbed nothing and even resisted the temptation of harvesting those delicious plump little oysters that were strewn all about. But, yeah, I really knew it was time to leave when I looked down and saw that bone sticking out there. I couldn't paddle my little dinghy fast enough to beat it out of there...hehehehe. :lol:

Now the same site that I mentioned above has issued a challenge for the first person to find that Capt. Kidd stone just up river. They shouldn't have done that because now I'm going to have to find it. Ok, "Moosebait", the gauntlet is thrown down, challenge accepted! And Cerris, this is for you. I'll document everything just like you are there looking over my shoulder. Wish me luck.

Thank you too Cerris for sending along the article, this may be the one I have from "Cape Breton's Magazine", but I am grateful nonetheless for your having been so kind.

J.
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby mutakwe on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Further to the Captain Kidd stone: I just went in and saw that in fact a gentleman who goes by "Marc" on the Moosebait.com site wrote in a while back to say he intended to photograph and post the image to the their website, but on Facebook. Since I have no longer any interest in Facebook, I suggest then that you go there and perhaps try to take a look. "Marc" says there is also a coffin carved into the stone. It looks like a tombstone. If I may be of any further assistance therefore, do not hesitate to ask. Hope this was helpful. Joy-joy
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby The KGT Kidd on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi Joy,how are you intrepid exploring lady :D Yes there is an coffin engraved at the bottom of the memorial stone, however most people have got the inscription wrong because there is no reference to "mercy" on it at all. :shock: If you wish to know what it actually says drop me an e mail. :wink: Good luck with your search Joy, if you will allow it I would be happy to display your pictures and comments on my refreshed website when I put it on line.

best wishes

Cerris

I blazed a safe trail, stray from it and you'll get lost. Cerris Francis
The KGT Kidd
Digging for Gems

Postby mutakwe on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi Cerris, oh yeah by all means help yourself, (or 'fill your boots" as we say in Nova Scotia), pics to do as you wish, no problem. I will love to visit your website when you have completed it, please give me a shout out when that is ready.

I have made some calls and asked around to my people here, and I do know the general location of the stone. Eventually, I was referred to an old timer who I am told knows a great deal of history of the Mira area. I will certainly try to get hold of him over the next few days or so, that would be nice for your site too. And with me, you have no worries about copywrite issues because I believe you are a knowledge seeker and a person who likes to share with others.

Signed: "The comely wench" ...hehehehe. That's funny Cerris.
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby mutakwe on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Update on the Kidd Memorial Stone:

I believe I have some news which will make you happy Cerris. One of the calls I put out last week was to the local church, sounds crazy but they are the ones that came through. Thank God, no pun intended. This lovely church lady, (Lydia), made a few calls in the community and came back with the following information: She knew the property owners and called ahead on my behalf to let them know a little of my intent and put a word in. (Evidently, the stone has been moved and sits at this moment on private property out in the woods). These folks were kind and receptive and I was given their phone number; she said just call up the son and he would most likely be very happy to accommodate me and lead me right to it, at which time I may both photograph and examine it.

This one`s for you Cerris. Don`t say thank you, but take what I will give you and put this to your website so that it may be shared. (I state now that I share this copywrite with you). I will document, film, and examine as if you are on my shoulder so you will feel like you are there. I also have an excellent metal detector and will additionally request that the son take me to the original position of the stone.

Cheers friend, I`ll try to arrange tonight with the son. Joy.

I will
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

PreviousNext

Return to News & Press