Chinese Coins on Oak Island

The Oak Island Money Pit in the media - news, press releases, tv and online.
Have you come across an interesting link? This is the place to share it.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Postby CBtreasurehunter on Mon May 15, 2006 10:54 am

Did anyone catch Mr.Chaisson on BTV this morning. Great areial photos and a great story.
I'm ordering the book right now.

edit....lol Cyril actually read my letter. hope he got my second one cause i mixed up a name on the first.
Cheers
CBtreasurehunter,
(OITS member)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"
-Ozzy Osbourne
CBtreasurehunter
Digging for Gold

Postby GrailKnight7 on Mon May 15, 2006 3:08 pm

CBtreasurehunter wrote:
Has anyone on here been privy to such information? Also where abouts would a person research such things? I've found some very unusal rock and road workings and I'd like to find out their age.

Hi CBtreasurehunter,

I would recommend the same thing that recommended to me a while back. Join the NSExplore group here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NSExplore/

One of their main members, Terry Deveau, also posts on our Oak Island forum from time to time. They were discussing the alleged Chinese ruins earlier this year and should be albe to help you with dating those rock and road workings you mentioned.

They call themselves "a group for exchanging information about exploring Nova Scotia. A place to trade gps waypoints, tracks and photographs, review hikes and trails, and discuss Nova Scotia history, pre-history and geography."

Did anyone catch Mr.Chaisson on BTV this morning. Great areial photos and a great story.

Unfortunately I didn't. By "BTV" are you referring to Breakfast Television, Business Television, or something else? I get both in Toronto but did not seem them this morning. I also ordered Mr. Chiasson's book from Amazon just last week. Should be interesting.

By the way, being that you are up in Cape Breton, I was wondering if you've read "Seaweed and Gold" by Alex Storm? If not, it's a must read as its all about true accounts of treasure hunting in Cape Breton. Great stories about the Chameau and Feversham as well as the Louisbourg Treasure.

My family & I drove all around Cape Breton last summer after visiting Oak Island. That Cabot Trail can be pretty scary at the top of those mountains though!

Regards,
GK7
GrailKnight7
Digging for Diamonds

Postby CBtreasurehunter on Mon May 15, 2006 4:54 pm

GrailKnight7 wrote:
CBtreasurehunter wrote:
Has anyone on here been privy to such information? Also where abouts would a person research such things? I've found some very unusal rock and road workings and I'd like to find out their age.

Hi CBtreasurehunter,

I would recommend the same thing that recommended to me a while back. Join the NSExplore group here:

One of their main members, Terry Deveau, also posts on our Oak Island forum from time to time. They were discussing the alleged Chinese ruins earlier this year and should be albe to help you with dating those rock and road workings you mentioned.

They call themselves "a group for exchanging information about exploring Nova Scotia. A place to trade gps waypoints, tracks and photographs, review hikes and trails, and discuss Nova Scotia history, pre-history and geography."

Unfortunately I didn't. By "BTV" are you referring to Breakfast Television, Business Television, or something else? I get both in Toronto but did not seem them this morning. I also ordered Mr. Chiasson's book from Amazon just last week. Should be interesting.

By the way, being that you are up in Cape Breton, I was wondering if you've read "Seaweed and Gold" by Alex Storm? If not, it's a must read as its all about true accounts of treasure hunting in Cape Breton. Great stories about the Chameau and Feversham as well as the Louisbourg Treasure.

My family & I drove all around Cape Breton last summer after visiting Oak Island. That Cabot Trail can be pretty scary at the top of those mountains though!

Regards,
GK7

GK7,
Hey, thanks for the info, I'm already a member of NSexplore. But with it being the working season now I hardly get to go online any more and with the recent sale of OI I try to tune in to this forum as much as possible. But I do intend to correspond with Terry when I can. I aslo need to get an reply back to John Coleman too, i got some gps coordinates to send hime.

Yes I did mean Breakfast Television. The atlantic Canada version with Jason, Cyril and Maria. It was funny to see my letter posted on the morning news. I made reference to the chinese coins found on OI, I was hoping one of our members may have picked up on it.

I have a copy of seaweed and gold at home, but I havent read it yet. I hope I will get around to it.

If you ever tour the trail again stop in for a OITF discount, lol. I live halfway around the trail between The North and MacKenzie Mountians. You should see them in the winter by snowmobile.
Cheers
CBtreasurehunter,
(OITS member)

-Ozzy Osbourne
CBtreasurehunter
Digging for Gold

Postby CBtreasurehunter on Tue May 16, 2006 1:03 am

GK7,

I found two books of the same name form Paul Chaisson. Just looks like different covers and one has more pages. Which cover did you choose?

GrailKnight7 wrote:
CBtreasurehunter wrote:

Hi CBtreasurehunter,

Regards,
GK7
CBtreasurehunter
Digging for Gold

Postby GrailKnight7 on Fri May 19, 2006 5:34 pm

CBtreasurehunter wrote:GK7,

I found two books of the same name form Paul Chaisson. Just looks like different covers and one has more pages. Which cover did you choose?

Hi Matt,

I mentioned this in the PM but thought I'd reply here as well in case anyone else is interested.

Both books appear to be identical in content but they are published by different publishers. The white cover with all the writing is the Canadian edition published by Random House Canada and the other cover with the large red sun is the U.S. edition published by St. Martins Press.

CBtreasurehunter wrote:Yes I did mean Breakfast Television. The atlantic Canada version with Jason, Cyril and Maria. It was funny to see my letter posted on the morning news. I made reference to the chinese coins found on OI, I was hoping one of our members may have picked up on it.

That's cool that your letter was on Breakfast Television. I had no idea that there was an atlantic version. It's also interesting to hear that the possibly chinese coins (from the article that I posted here last year) was mentioned on Nova Scotian television (thanks to your letter). I wonder if the show had any feedback regarding it?

Regards,
GK7
Last edited by GrailKnight7 on Fri May 19, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrailKnight7
Digging for Diamonds

Postby pax on Fri May 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Ran on The National last night too! The similartes between the mic mac and the chinese is as intriguing as their script similarities with the ancient egyptians...

It'll be interesting to see archeological exploration there hope it happens soon.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national ... inese.html
Pierre Cyr
pax
Digging for Gold

Postby CBtreasurehunter on Sun May 21, 2006 2:11 pm

Anybody ever put forth the idea that the Chinese may have had their hand in the OI mystery?

It seems from reading this book that the Chinese were hundreds of years ahead of other races when it comes to navigating, boat building and mining. Also all the clues that are in the MikMaq culture pointing towards an asian influence. Did you know that the NS MikMaq were the only North American Natives that could navigate boats by the stars, had their own written language and have many Chinese influences in many aspects of their lives?

Good book, worth the read. Also gives us a clue. Search MikMaq folklore...maybe something about OI will come up
Cheers
CBtreasurehunter,
(OITS member)

-Ozzy Osbourne
CBtreasurehunter
Digging for Gold

Postby badinfluence63 on Sun May 21, 2006 2:45 pm

CBT,

Anybody ever put forth the idea that the Chinese may have had their hand in the OI mystery?

On an early post/thread some where this very topic had been discussed. GK7 had some very good information regarding that possibility. I remember that I was trying to find out if the chinese ships were capable of enduring long ocean voyages(sapans?). I thought porcelain from china
that had been located on Oak Island was indicative of the chinese presense, duh, stupid me as kidd and other worldly voyagers brought those and other items back with them.

EOID'06 or Bust!

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby Vincent on Sun May 21, 2006 3:26 pm

Like you i have thought about a pacific crossing, but why then is there no evidence to suggest that they landed in western America? having just sailed across the pacific why then did they attempt to round northern Canada, which of course would meen passing throught the bearing straights instead of landing in say Alaska or NW USA.
And like you said why didnt they stop by and say HI? as you rightly point out they were aware of europe even if in very little detail.

Like you i do not doubt the validity of the chinese landing in America but it seems a little starnge to think that they went all that way to get to NS(or at least that area)
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Sun May 21, 2006 6:46 pm

n,

European records are pretty void of Chinese ship's visiting

Would that be because their ships were not sea worthy?

EOID'06 or Bust!

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

PreviousNext

Return to News & Press