Paul Wroclawski Has Passed Away

The Oak Island Money Pit in the media - news, press releases, tv and online.
Have you come across an interesting link? This is the place to share it.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Paul Wroclawski Has Passed Away

Postby DJ King on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:17 am

Posters,
Did you know Paul Wroclawski, also known as n4N and Sasha Iman, passed away on June 15th, 2014; see this link http://www.walkerfh.com/obituaries/89261
A very great shock. I see he was only 48 years of age. Paul was without a doubt the most dedicated researcher into all things Oak Island, who refused to rely on secondary sources, and always went back to the original documents. In doing so, he shattered many cherished Oak Island myths, such as:
1. The date of discovery of the Money Pit was 1795. Paul showed the true discovery date was almost certainly in the 1780s.
2. The Pit was discovered by three boys out on a lark. Paul showed that the discoverers were adult men, and two of them were already settled on Oak Island at the time of the discovery.
3. Oak Island was uninhabited at the time of the MP discovery. Paul showed Oak Island was first granted to two New York Fish Agents in the 1750s, was surveyed in the 1760s, and settlement began soon after the intial survey, probably late 1760s and certainly no later than the 1770s.

He also made numerous discoveries of previously unknown early records of Oak Island including:
(a) The Brown Report of about 1867, which concluded that the Money Pit was a natural sinkhole.
(b) The work diaries of the Oak Island Association which excavated the Pit in the early to mid 1860s.
(c) Numerous newspaper reports on Oak Island from the 1850s - 1870s timeframe.

Now that Paul is deceased, I feel I can reveal he confided in me a few months ago that he had obtained permission from the Grand Lodge of Nova Scotia to research their records and archives of early freemasons in Nova Scotia, to amplify the work I and others had already done on the masonic links to the Money Pit. When I last heard from him a few weeks ago, it sounded as if he had not got very far with this latest research initiative. A great pity as I was looking forward to him finding out a lot about the masonic career of Jotham McCully and others.
Condolences to Paul's partner, children, and wider family.
Regards
Dennis King.
DJ King
Digging for Gems

Re: Paul Wroclawski Has Passed Away

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Sad news. Shocking even.Paul was 110% all about Oak Island. He enthusiastically shared his knowledge as well was a regular participator in all of the regaling we enthusiast organized year after year. His passing is yet another sad footnote in the Oak Island legacy. With all things Oak Island Paul will be remembered and sorely missed by those who knew him.Rest in peace Paul, your memory will be indelible when Oak Island comes up in day to day conversations.
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby opus on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:51 am

Posters,

I too am shocked by Paul's passing. I had limited discussions with him online and enjoyed the myth-busting Dennis referred to. May he rest in peace.

Opus
A treasure hunter will take your money and his experience and turn it into his money and your experience.
opus
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Merlin on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Very sad.
OITS member
Merlin
Digging for Gold

Postby JodyLane3 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:11 am

Sad to hear of this. Though he and I at times engaged in written sparring over matters relating to Oak Island, I did respect him.
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Return to News & Press