The Final Countdown Has Begun!

Share other mysteries that have captured your imagination here...

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

The Final Countdown Has Begun!

Postby Procutus on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 am

It's the end of the world, as we know it... by R.E.M.

Posters;

Well, even though I touched upon this in an older thread, I felt inclined to post this countdown to the end of the current Mayan calendar cycle. It's now only ten days until December 21, when some believe that the world, as we know it, will come to an end. Personally, I hope not, as I really don't want to get screwed out of my vacation!

:lol:

Seriously though, I suspect that the 21st will be a day just like any other, it not a slight cultural oddity due to the hype that's been bestowed upon it for the last decade or so. I'm sure that a year from now, it will be nothing more than a curious footnote in the annals of history.

And if the Mayans were right... It's been fun knowing you all!

:shock:

regards,

Procutus
"Nothing happens unless first we dream."
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Re: The Final Countdown Has Begun!

Postby Tank04 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Procutus,

Worry not my friend, ain't nothing cataclysmic going to happen on that day that will raise our eyebrows. However, just in case, get a great big roll of tin foil, we may all need hats to communicate with the mother ship. See you on the 22nd. :lol:
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby Procutus on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Tank;

A funny thing occured on the way in to work this morning. I was listening to my classical music station when, in the middle of a Beethoven piece, the music stopped and the Emergency Broadcast System alarm tone suddenly started. This went on for close to a minute, with no human voice saying 'This is only a test'. Then just as suddenly, it stopped and the music came back on. And no mention of the event was made by any radio people.

:shock:

9 days to go!

:mrgreen:
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby Tank04 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Procutus,

That would take a the wind out of a feller's sails.

I have never heard of such a thing here but some government employees throughout the federal civil service have been trained for potential cold war eventualities. I was sent to Arnprior Ontario one time for a week long course on what to do if we suddenly found ourselves under attack or in the crossfire between you guys and what was then the USSR. Very sobering thoughts and the powers to be bestowed upon the hapless few tasked with the chores for national survival were enormous.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby Procutus on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Tank04 wrote:Very sobering thoughts and the powers to be bestowed upon the hapless few tasked with the chores for national survival were enormous.

I can only imagine. It's always that way, us little guys being forced to deal with all of the fall-out from the Upper Levels, as it were.

I should also point out that today's date is 12/12/12. Not that it really means anything, but it only occurs once a century.

:P
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Postby Tank04 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Procutus,

I should also point out that today's date is 12/12/12. Not that it really means anything, but it only occurs once a century.

I read that this morning in a weekly magazine I subscribe to. I was looking over the Gold River, cigar in one hand, hot cup of tea in the other hand and the magazine in the other hand. Whoops, too many hands. I must have been channeling Ganehsa the Hindu God. Got to stay away from them imported Cuban cigars, maybe Castro spiked them with wacky tobacky, British Columbia’s highest GDP. :lol:
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby Tank04 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Procutus,

“We’ll still have to pay taxes next year,” said Gabriel Romero, a Los Angeles-based spiritualist who uses crystal skulls in his ceremonies.

This is the best quote I have read from a doomsdayer/kook. Of course, we actually have to make it to the 22nd, so we may see an ending yet!
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby D'Arcy on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:39 pm

"Oops. Sorry, I'm running a bit late." Mayan Shaman.
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Tank04 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:22 pm

"Oops. Sorry, I'm running a bit late." Mayan Shaman

Or too much fermented chocolate drink!!!
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Return to Other Mysteries