Discovery in Egypt

Share other mysteries that have captured your imagination here...

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

Discovery in Egypt

Postby mr_dogman2u on Wed May 25, 2011 3:22 pm

I found this article today, and though it does not directly involve OI, it brings up a bunch of questions.
1. Could this technology be used on the island, especially fo those looking for a "back door" to circumvent the flood tunnels. Come on Mi Group, all you need is a freaking satellite!

2. It is just a really cool article for anyone interested in ancient history.

I think the one quote from one of the scientists sums up what many here think. " It just shows us how easy it is to underestimate both the size and scale of past human settlements," says Dr Parcak.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13522957
Always do sober what you said you would do when drunk-It'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.--Ernest Hemingway
OITS MEMBER (me, not Hemingway!)
mr_dogman2u
Digging for Diamonds

Re: Discovery in Egypt

Postby Dave Wood on Thu May 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Mr. D,
Petter Amundsen did do something like that but used an infra-red camera or some hi-tech equipment and found some interesting anomalies at various places on the island.The thread he posted the photo on is somewhere in the archives but I haven't found it yet.

Dave
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby MI Gofer on Fri May 27, 2011 6:01 pm

mr_dogman2u wrote:I found this article today, and though it does not directly involve OI, it brings up a bunch of questions.
1. Could this technology be used on the island, especially fo those looking for a "back door" to circumvent the flood tunnels. Come on Mi Group, all you need is a freaking satellite!

Hi Dog - Just wanted to let you know I've put in a request for a freaking satellite. NASA is going to get back to me with a price.

Cheers -
Shari
MI Gofer
Digging for Gold

Postby wayward on Fri May 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Just curious, but what is the difference between that type of satellite and others :wink: . I bet it cost just as much.---Bill

btw, has Traverse City become the center of the Oak Island world?
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Sun May 29, 2011 10:39 am

on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby mr_dogman2u on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Hey Gofer,
I will get a car wash fundraiser going for you if you need some funds. I'll get Tim to take his shirt off and hold a "CAR WASH" sign by the road.
Always do sober what you said you would do when drunk-It'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.--Ernest Hemingway
OITS MEMBER (me, not Hemingway!)
mr_dogman2u
Digging for Diamonds

Postby MI Gofer on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 pm

mr_dogman2u wrote:Hey Gofer,
I will get a car wash fundraiser going for you if you need some funds. I'll get Tim to take his shirt off and hold a "CAR WASH" sign by the road.

Dear Dog,

I hope this doesn't hurt Tim's feelings, but I think we will pass on this generous offer. The part of him taking his shirt off, anyway........bring on the Car Wash, though!! Exploration costs are expensive!!

Cheers -
Shari
MI Gofer
Digging for Gold

Return to Other Mysteries