Mt. Uniacke Revisited

Share other mysteries that have captured your imagination here...

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

Re: Mt. Uniacke Revisited

Postby Marauder on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm here in Halifax GK. But I don't think I could explore my way out of a wet paper bag.

But I did try and make a rough estimation as to where halfway between the Uniackes would be. Mabye arond the Five Islands area? It's located on the coastline facing the Bay of Fundy on the way up to New Brunswick.
I could be way off on this.

One other interesting tidbit has surfaced regarding this "halfway" thing ...the monument to the Sinclair expedition is located at Halfway Cove.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby Tank04 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:43 am

the monument to the Sinclair expedition is located at Halfway Cove.

That would be this one......
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Sinclair

Postby Tank04 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:46 am

Then there is this one, just outside Guysborough, in a small place called Boylestown (sp?) erected by the Sinclair family.

Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby Marauder on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:57 am

Thanks Tank. Do you know if the first one posted was put up by the Sinclairs?
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby Tank04 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Marauder,

Thanks Tank. Do you know if the first one posted was put up by the Sinclairs?

My pleasure. This recent addition to the Sinclair monument site should answer that question for you.

Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby Marauder on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Here's a link I've posted in Your Theories. Someone with Templar/Authurian ideas spent a week up here on vacation.

http://www.geocities.com/theblueapplechronicles/Estotiland.htm

I did not know that John felt that the monument is in the wrong place. Makes me wonder about the original story.

I've spent some time over at nsexplore searching John's posts. There is more info related to his research there.

Two items of personal interest were... the presence of a large conical stone depression in the greenhouse area which John feels may be related to the stones on OI, and that he seems to think the serpent's head could have Myan artistic origins, comparing it to their serpent pyramid.

Btw...n4n has clarified the sundial info...it has to do with it's position relative to it's latitude stamp. It's in the wrong place and the correct latitude is the same as Uniacke Hill.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby Ryan1 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks for the link Maurader, I hadn't seen that one before.

I also didn't know that John Coleman thought that the serpent monument was misplaced. I wonder why? I'm also not sure how he knows that this is the exact center of the hexagon if there are no other monuments in the other points in the hexagaon, at least not that I'm aware of. So I'm wondering which area in the communities on the points of the hexagon he used as a measuring point in order to find the center.
Ryan1
Digging for Ore

Postby Marauder on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Great question. Unfortunately no answer here...

Could not say wether the monuments played a part, as prior knowledge would seem to be needed to establish these relatinships. The storyline implies (to me) that the monuments were found at intersection points and at points along the lines...pointing to an "after the fact" scenario.

I'd like to know the nature of the information/inspiration that started John's research.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby Jewels on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Someone at another site mentioned it was a lawn ornament with no significance, which I find hard to believe.

The coiled serpent often represents Kundalini yoga which is a concentrated life force or chakras in the body, which many believe power points release these chakras. Bueller stretched it to go so far as to suggest that Mt. Uniacke is the center of a Nova Scotia Reschel grid pointing back to sacred sites in Europe. Many mythologies include a coiled serpent the caduceus of Hermes, the Rod of Asclepius, the staff of Moses (seen in the symbol for medicine). There's also the the coiled rattlesnake ("Don't Thread on Me") part of the unofficial US Revolutionary flag, definitely unrelated here at the home of a NS Lieutenant Governor.

For a denomination, I'd lean toward someone non-Catholic adding the cross given the Masonic connection. A Catholic probably would've tried to reference Genesis 3:15. Albeit a cross would be easier to add than an ankle. It doesn't seem like a piece coming out of Italy. It has more of an India influence.
Jewels
Digging for Coal

Postby Purcell on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Jewels wrote:There's also the the coiled rattlesnake ("Don't Thread on Me") part of the unofficial US Revolutionary flag, definitely unrelated here at the home of a NS Lieutenant Governor.

Richard Uniacke was arrested in Nova Scotia during the American Revolution for his participation with the Eddy Rebellion. He did not own the estate during this period.

The monument represents Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer and is made of stone from Italy.
Purcell
Digging for Clams

PreviousNext

Return to Other Mysteries