Mt. Uniacke Revisited

Share other mysteries that have captured your imagination here...

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

Re: Mt. Uniacke Revisited

Postby Ryan1 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Purcell,

I'm curious, what makes you think the monument represents Ophiuchus? Other than the serpent connection of course. Thanks.
Ryan1
Digging for Ore

Postby GrailKnight7 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Purcell wrote:Richard Uniacke was arrested in Nova Scotia during the American Revolution for his participation with the Eddy Rebellion. He did not own the estate during this period.

The monument represents Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer and is made of stone from Italy.

Hi Purcell,

Not only did Uniacke not own the estate around the time of the Eddy Rebellion (1776) but it wasn't even built until almost 40 years later (1813-15) (Just after Uniacke was almost Provincial Masonic Grand Master of Nova Scotia). I wish we knew when the sertpent statue was placed there.

According to Masonic philosopher/author Manley P. Hall, in his book The Secret Teachings of All Ages, ""The ancient symbol of the Orphic Mysteries was the serpent-entwined egg, which signified Cosmos as encircled by the Fiery Creative Spirit." "The egg also represents the soul of the philosopher; the serpent, the Mysteries. At the time of initiation the shell is broken and man emerges from the embryonic state of physical existence wherein he had remained through the fetal period of philosophic regeneration."

Cheers,
GK7
Tempore Patet Occulta Veritas
GrailKnight7
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Marauder on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:10 pm

I read somewhere it was placed in the mid 1800's by an Anglican official. I've just read that Uniacke had a son who was an Anglican Minister.

And what's up with the serpent tattoo on the arm of Shelley Yates? (Fire the Grid) I think there may be a connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66zQg0v_gn4 @ 7:30 or so..
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby Marauder on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:04 am

The monument represents Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer and is made of stone from Italy.

I wonder if this has anything to do with our passing through the galatic center in 2012. Apparently the constellation "Ophuichus" is involved.

Regardless of what one thinks of the crop circle phenomenon there is interesting speculation that relates to this and a circle that was recently "updated"...

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2008/aveburymanor2/aveburymanor2008b.html
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby eldridge on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 am

I'm still around. But I have not spent much time on the OI mystery over the last five years. My own Masonic journey has been quite a fascinating experience and I hope that my new insight can help me see some things I may have missed.
eldridge
Digging for Diamonds

Previous

Return to Other Mysteries