Mt. Uniacke Revisited

Share other mysteries that have captured your imagination here...

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

Postby Marauder on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:25 pm

He's a great player Tank. I'll ask him if it's ok to post his take on OI when I see him next week.

Now it seems that a serpent has turned up in relation to the "Fire the Grid" project that I have mentioned earlier in this section of the forum. There may be no connection to the hidden meaning of the monument...whatever that is.

Shelley mentions this around 7:40 in this vid and reveals the tattoo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66zQg0v_gn4

The fact the house was positioned before the monument was placed is interesting. It could indicate prior knowledge of the penting.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby FutureProspect784 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:54 pm

Jo,

Shall we say, mid-life crisis age?

Deal.

:wink:

Rgds,
FP
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Fader

Postby Tank04 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:15 am

Marauder,

He's a great player Tank. I'll ask him if it's ok to post his take on OI when I see him next week.

Don't expect many words of support, he does not think much of the OI story, but, he does have a theory, ask him about that. Better yet, ask him about the shipwreck off the Eastern end of the island, that may stimulate better conversation.

Give Dr. Fader my regards.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby dragon lady on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:33 pm

FutureProspect784 wrote:Jo,

Deal.

Rgds,
FP

That house is barely out of nappies when compared to my old local pub in Ipswich.
DL
Some like to live in complacency, hoping for stability without upset. I much prefer to turn over rocks and see what scurries out.
D. Orade
dragon lady
Future Tour Guide

Postby Jo on Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:05 pm

I know - don't get me started! There's a Roman villa near my house, which makes the museum a mere zygote :lol:
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Ahh the youthful colonies

Postby Epoch_Zero on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:57 pm

heheheh
Epoch_Zero
Digging for Diamonds

Postby FutureProspect784 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:41 pm

dragon lady wrote:
FutureProspect784 wrote:Jo,

Deal.

Rgds,
FP

That house is barely out of nappies
DL

Wow, it's ahead of me then.

:lol:

Rgds,
FP
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Re:

Postby GrailKnight7 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:32 am

Marauder wrote:The serpent looks out of place there. But of course it is not, because it's the exact center of a pentagram. Placed around 1863 and confirmed by John's GPS.

Hi Marauder,

I was just reading over an old thread here and noticed that you had said that the serpent statue was placed there around 1863. I'm just wondering where you found this date?

Thanks,
GK7
Tempore Patet Occulta Veritas
GrailKnight7
Digging for Diamonds

Re: Mt. Uniacke Revisited

Postby Marauder on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:06 am

GK...since I cannot find a reference to the date, I'm thinking it was in one of n4n's replies before he deleted them. Hopefully he'll confirm that.
There was also a mention that it was placed by an official of the Anglican church. It strikes me as odd that someone like that would place such a piece...given the fact that the location had to be pre-determined, and it's marked with a surveying spike. Apparently the piece was commercially available at the time, but I've yet to find it online. I'm guessing it came without the spike...

FP...The estate is open for tours. I think there is a cost to see the house, but you can wander the gounds for free.
The place is big...2000+ acres and there are some trails of varying length/difficulty.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Re: Mt. Uniacke Revisited

Postby GrailKnight7 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks Marauder,

Actually it makes sense that the statue may have been placed there by a priest as there is a Christian Cross on top of the Serpent, indicating Good (Christianity) triumphing over Evil (Whatever the Serpent is supposed to represent). If the story of the priest is true then I wonder if he placed the whole statue there or just the Cross on top of the existing Serpent statue? A previous poster here (Elridge) believed that the Serpent stood in the exact spot where a previous marker has stood for many centuries.

Cheers,
GK7
Tempore Patet Occulta Veritas
GrailKnight7
Digging for Diamonds

PreviousNext

Return to Other Mysteries