OITS is closed

The Oak Island Tourism Society discussion forum. Find out about upcoming events, membership and news.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: OITS is closed

Postby Rick on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 pm

I think all society members need to know that you did have someone fighting for you. Joy Steele (mutakwe) went to work at 11 pm on Sunday night, a single mom who works very hard. She couldn't get the day of but they agreed after hearing her story to allow her to get off an hour earlier 6.am so she could make the bus, they also had a major snow storm on Sunday, without sleep and she got on the bus she arrived at Halifax airport at noon was picked up there and just arrived in time for the meeting. She left today to go back to Cape Breton and hopes to make it back in time for her Son's concert . If that isn't dedication then what is? She fought tooth and nails for all those who couldn't have their say. God Bless you Joy!

As far as we are concerned we did win. We got a board of directors out and they now no longer have anything to do with Oak Island, except to say they are failures.

As a notice, there will be a new group but it will be after Christmas and it will be members friendly with everyone's voice is heard that is a member and they will have a vote no matter where they live.

Cheers! to all those who helped.
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby Jo on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 pm

I think we're in for a very exciting couple of months. It's a great time for followers of the Oak Island mystery as for the first time ever they'll be able to enjoy a suite of activities, offerings and ways to support the mystery from a range of organisers. It will be interesting to see how these new groups will posit themselves.
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby Rick on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:05 pm

my post disappeared?
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby Jo on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Bloody hell - yes! That was nothing personal I promise, as I was just responding to it. Let me investigate.

Rick was saying that he has heard plans for a group emerging in the new year, and I was responding saying it's exciting for multiple groups to be emerging.

Sorry about that Rick. Do conitune...

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby Rick on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Jo wrote:Bloody hell - yes! That was nothing personal I promise, as I was just responding to it. Let me investigate.

Rick was saying that he has heard plans for a group emerging in the new year, and I was responding saying it's exciting for multiple groups to be emerging.

Sorry about that Rick. Do conitune...

I was trying to reply to Hennigars comments.
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby Jo on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:16 pm

In this thread?

Jo
Site Admin

Postby divemedic on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 pm

I did not post in this thread as I was not a OITS member. But I do look forward to the future and hope that the new organization gets up and running quickly. Keep me informed Rick.

Jeremy
Flies spread disease, keep your's up!
divemedic
Digging for Diamonds

Postby D'Arcy on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:47 pm

n4n224ccw wrote:
D'Arcy wrote:..., and that they have a board of directors who are as dedicated and hard-working as was the OITS executive over these past eight years.

D'Arcy,

So are you saying that if new folks work to a degree of what you think to be 'just as hard', you just might reward them with your membership? ?

Most definitely!

As a member of the OITS for the past five years, I've been impressed by the hard work that the Executive put into promulgating the Oak Island mystery, and especially by their organization of an annual EOID which brought so many of us OI nutsoids together from all over North America and England to hear interesting speakers, see displays of artifacts, meet people like Dan Blankenship and members of the Michigan Mob, tour the island, and trade whodunnit theories and gossip in the Rum Room. Those were all very informative, fun, and interesting weekends for me.

Any succeding group who can show me that they can do as well (if not better) as the OITS has done, can certainly count on my application for membership.
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Rick on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:16 am

divemedic wrote:I did not post in this thread as I was not a OITS member. But I do look forward to the future and hope that the new organization gets up and running quickly. Keep me informed Rick.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Will do guy, will be after Christamas. I got some video from the meeting I'll post soon.

Rick

PS: (For the person that emailed me, I have contacted my lawyer and basically, he said go for it! Youtube til you drop. Public meeting with no signs against video or photos, so is ok, and nothing in OITS by-laws.. which now mean nothing anyway. Nor was I stopped before or during meeting. Including pictures, video and audio recording by the present reporters, they received no emails.. funny, I believe I was targeted. Cool!)
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby Rick on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:19 am

D'Arcy wrote:Any succeeding group who can show me that they can do as well (if not better) as the OITS has done, can certainly count on my application for membership.

I'm quoting you on that :)
Rick
Future Tour Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Oak Island Tourism Society (OITS)