The Oak Island souvenir thread

Essential travel advice, accommodation recommendations, site seeing, Nova Scotia tourism, top tips and places to visit

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: The Oak Island souvenir thread

Postby mutakwe on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Hey Bad!

Actually, I must admit that I never knew there had been comemorative stamps. I would dearly love to see a picture of those, (hint, hint.. :wink:). What year are those from?

BTW, do any of those core samples of yours have gold in them?.....lol. (Which reminds me, Jo, I have the core sample colour photo back from the MMA).

But seriously though John, and everyone, the personal momentos are the best! I would like to mention mine, as being a little tour book given me by Garnette for my wee son. The book got double blessed that evening, when I met up with Dan B. Without hesitation, he picked up the little book and wrote down a message. It said, "Never Give Up", addressed to my son. Evidently, this is his favourite motto or saying. So, this is most cherished, and I'll keep that for the little guy till he gets older. Thus the little motto in my signature at the bottom.

Joy
"Never Give Up" - Dan Blankenship
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:42 am

Joy,

I cherish my Oak Island memorabilia and book collection. The stamps...I'll take a photo of them and try to post them here at some point. I wished I lived closer. I wish I could own a summer home near Oak Island when I retire and live long enough to enjoy it.
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby mutakwe on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi John,

There's that big old heart getting in the way again. Thanks, I'd love to see a picture of those stamps.

And regarding your wish of living close to Oak Island, remember if "you can dream it, you can do it". We also have a great health care plan up here for when you fall into the Geritol generation....lol. :P

Joy
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Rick on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 pm

John,

Your welcome to my place anytime.

Rick
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:07 am

mutakwe wrote:Hi John,

There's that big old heart getting in the way again. Thanks, I'd love to see a picture of those stamps.

And regarding your wish of living close to Oak Island, remember if "you can dream it, you can do it". We also have a great health care plan up here for when you fall into the Geritol generation....lol. :P

Joy

Joy,

Yeah I will assess my personal situation come that time. I would rather live in NS in the summer them NH. And winter in NC. if possible. These New England winters are getting expensive to stay warm and I don't see it getting any cheaper either.

John
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby badinfluence63 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 am

Rick wrote:John,

Your welcome to my place anytime.

Rick

And I've extended an invitation to you as well.

So far Danny/Yvonne, Darcy/Patricia, Dave/Michelle,Garnette/David and Ken/Jan have graced our humble doorway. It was great to see everyone and visit. While Oak Island is a constant topic du jour other subjects are discussed. We have 2 spare bedrooms and a decent cooking staff and its just the best visiting with friends and reciprocating the hospitality thats been extended to us over the years. As I have eaten two outstanding seafood meals at your place, sure would be nice to give us a chance to extend you a similar opportunity. Your convenience.

Any pro Oak Island enthusiast that I know is welcome anytime. Given I have 12 acres of forest to hide things I welcome Oak Island skeptics to....lol.
:lol:

The Oak Island community is like a family, and like a family arguments occur. Tomorrows another day. Always give yourself that next day.
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby mutakwe on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi John,

Those are the wisest words I have heard all day and words to live by.

Mu :D
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Rick on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:40 pm

mutakwe wrote:Hi John,

Those are the wisest words I have heard all day and words to live by.

Mu :D

Capers.. :)
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby Jo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Here's a painting Joy asked me to add to this souvenir thread. It's a picture of the island by a mysterious 'E.E.K.'

[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby mutakwe on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Hello Richard,

It is that Caper again.......I can almost taste that blueberry wine from here......lol.

Anyways, I was over visiting my old buddy Kaye Chappell and she presented me with another Oak Island goody. It is a small watercolour done on the island. Garnette, perhaps you can describe better for us the location. I am guessing the West side near the MacInnis property?

If anybody knows who this artist is, please let me know. I am interested in dating the painting. The initials E.E.K can be seen at the bottom, but I am not sure. Kaye was thinking it was Elaine Kelloway perhaps.

Thanks all,

Joy
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

PreviousNext

Return to Visiting the area