Oak Island e-book novel

Have you come across something interesting related to Oak Island? Post useful links, books and reports here.

Moderator: Jo

Oak Island e-book novel

Postby Procutus on Sat May 05, 2012 1:42 am

Greetings, one and all!

It's been a long time since I've posted here, and I wanted to share a little discovery I made a few days ago. Through my Sony Reader, I discovered and downloaded an e-book entitled 'The Keepers of the Rose', by D.J. Dalasta. I'm only about 55 pages into it, but it's an intriguing read, combining an old theory with a new one, though a bit far-fetched. The large numbers of typos and improper punctuation kind of bug me while reading it, but all in all, I'd still recommend this to anyone with more than a passing interest in the story of Oak Island.

regards,

Procutus
"Nothing happens unless first we dream."
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Re: Oak Island e-book novel

Postby Procutus on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Posters;

Well, you know the old saying: You get what you paid for. In this case, I guess my $2.99 got me just about that. I finished reading 'Keepers of the Rose' about ten days ago and meant to post a brief review then, but other things got in the way.

In short: While the tale itself was intriguing enough, the actual writing and execution of the story is done on a very amateur level. I can't believe that the author didn't proof their manuscript better before submitting it for online publication.

As for what drew me to it in the first place, Oak Island and its treasure, OI plays less of a role than one might think. The item(s) buried, their nature and what they represent are more of the driving issue here than the island and its history.

All in all, I guess it was worth three dollars, but if you decide to read this, just bare in mind that it merely uses OI as a location and not much else.

regards,

Procutus
"Nothing happens unless first we dream."
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Return to Recommended Reading