RV Harris.

Have you come across something interesting related to Oak Island? Post useful links, books and reports here.

Moderator: Jo

RV Harris.

Postby po79 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place or if I should be posting in the general discussion section.

Anyway looking at buying a copy of The Oak Island Mystery by RV Harris and wanted some advise. I have found a signed copy of a first edition book in good condition but I have heard that the second edition is the better book (updated).

So which should I be looking at buying and how much should I expect to pay for a signed first edition in good condition?

Thanks,

Po79.
po79
Digging for Ore

Re: RV Harris.

Postby GrailKnight7 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi Po79,

It all depends on what you want the book for? If its primarily for the information in the book then you're probably best to go with the updated 2nd edition. If however you're a collector (like me) then you might even consider both editions? My 1st edition is also signed by RV Harris and I believe I paid in the area of $40-50 U.S. for it a few years ago.

I personally value his signiture more for the fact that he was once the highest Freemason (Grand Master) and highest Masonic Knight Templar in Canada. The fact that he wrote the first comprehensive book about the Oak Island mystery is to me, icing on the cake. I haven't seen too many signed copies of his books out there so if its not too expensive you might want to snap it up?

Cheers,
GK7
Tempore Patet Occulta Veritas
GrailKnight7
Digging for Diamonds

Re: RV Harris.

Postby Jo on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:14 pm

GK7 is right, afterall, it's not like any more are being printed so any copy of the book would be an investment, particularly if it was signed.
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Return to Recommended Reading