Am I the only one?

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: Am I the only one?

Postby Tank04 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:08 pm

divemedic,

I was wondering where you were. Is that young feller of yours old enough to drive Dad to the tavern now and come pick him up? Sounds goofy, but that day will come quicker than the blink of an eye.

War Craft eh? I'm still messing around with Doom in my spare moments and back in the day, it was the "drug of choice" for aspiring computer game nerds.

Good to see you back here too, wow, what a great day.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby BILL MILSTEAD on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Tank.....I am quite sure I owe dues....can u give me an address please? email is bill.milstead@yahoo.com

thank you!
BILL MILSTEAD
Digging for Gems

Postby badinfluence63 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:34 am

BILL MILSTEAD wrote:Wow! Been a long time since I was here! I agree that this mystery will...if ever solved.....be a simple one. I am reminded of the tale of the workman that passed security every day pushing a wheelbarrow full of sand. The guard was sure the workman was stealing and would sift thru the sand every single day but could never find anything concealed. This went on for quite some time....then someone visited the workmans home and found a garage full of wheelbarrows!

Glad to be back!

Bill

Hey Bill! Hows things in New Orleans? Still taking care of errant pups? Hows that working out? Last you were posting you were having health issues, hope all is well.

Not everything up to date all things Oak Island are known or posted here. Thats all I know. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the benovolence of the new owners and Dan. While we the Oak ISland mystery enthusiast bicker and argue amoungst ourselves in the meant time......... :)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby Tank04 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Bill,

Tank.....I am quite sure I owe dues....can u give me an address please? email is bill.milstead@yahoo.com

Easily done, simply send your dues for 2009 (remains at $10) to the address below and I'll add your name to the growing 2009 roster. You can easily pay through PayPal if you don't want to fool around with regular mail, and that information can be found at our web site here: www.oakislandsociety.ca a few clicks and it is done.

If you have changed your mailing address and phone number, simply let me know by private message or Email.

Mailing address is :
Oak Island Tourism Society
P.O. Box 517,
Chester, N.S.
B0J - 1J0
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby JodyLane3 on Mon May 16, 2011 4:29 pm

I honestly think that most of the crackpot ideas and ways of finding whatever is under the ground on Oak Island has one main culprit to blame. It may be sacrilage but I blame Fred Blair for most of it. Here is my reasoning. After his company's 1890s failure to find whatever is in the ground, due to ineptitude and poor finances, he strangleholded the searches on the island for 50 years by holding the treasure trove license and deciding who could search and who could not. Here is where I put the blame on Blair. His demand for 50 percent of the discovery of anything of value stopped all but a few serious searches. Looking through many of the stories of mighty offball machines (super metal detectors if you will, not the kind we all know about), psychics, et cetera, it seemed that people with wild ideas and no sound money were what Blair attracted. Just to give you an idea why sound money people would be turned off by the Blair situation. Say after investing $200,000 on finding a treasure that yielded $400,000 in profit. Blair would have gotten his $200,000 from it, the crown would have gotten its' share of 2-10 percent depending on the time and the investor could show a loss of $8,000-$20,000 for a lot of back breaking work.

Just my thoughts.
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Previous

Return to Welcome to Oak Island Treasure