Am I the only one?

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Am I the only one?

Postby D'Arcy on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Sorry to say, but I find all of this claptrap about triangles and their supposed symbols, the engraved rock, the Knights Templar connection, Lost Tribes of Israel, upside-down pyramids, Sinclair family, etc. to be a lot of "I wish-it-was" hooey. The final answer to Oak Island, I suspect, will prove to be a lot more simple (and up-to-date) than all of that wishful crap.

Anyone else agree?

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Re: Am I the only one?

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Darcy,come on don't be shy say whats on your mind! :)

I agree with you because I think the most complicated it got was when it was built (charcoal/air draft system) and the possible water trap system. And I am very curious as to what part the swamp plays into it all?

Although I don't know if I could find the words to put it as eloquently as you do. 8)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby kitch on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:20 am

I agree with you entirely, it is probably a simple thing only made complex due to our own ignorance of it. I have always hoped it was something like the Templar treasure, but don't actually believe it to be so. It's probably "just" loot!
kitch
Digging for Diamonds

Postby badinfluence63 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:45 am

Darcy,

Let me clarify myself. I agree with you about the construction of the underground stuff not being this anomalie of complicated algorythms. However one can't rule out Templars/Sinclairs/British/Phips or any possible originator given the reasonable proof offered up by those who support the various theories. Its not simple a "I wish it was phooey". The supporters of each possible theory have contributed reasonable effort into connecting those illusive time line dots. So phooey kind of cheapens those efforts.

It will be interesting once the mystery is resolved to see what it was all about. I think you and others will be very surprised.
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby Tank04 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:42 am

D'Arcy,

Man oh man, who peed in your Corn Flakes?

Seriously though, I have little time for geometric patterns that cover the whole province, all of Mahone Bay or even a few islands, but geometry, in my opinon, has a place ON Oak Island. I cite the Triangle of stones, drilled rocks etc as my evidence that it could be part of the puzzle.

I would love that the Templar Knights deposited a huge treasure there, but the evidence and time line simply does not support it.

As for conspiracy theories................................ :lol:
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby D'Arcy on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:58 pm

To clarify:

I certainly was not dismissing hard evidence such as found on Oak Island itself - the stone triangle, drilled rocks, inbscribed stone, Nolan's Cross, ancient skidway, etc., or reasonable theories such as the French or British, pirates, Phips, Spaniards, etc. that fit in with C-14 evidence time-wise. What disrupts my corn flakes breakfast are triangles and other supposed geometric patterns spread all over the province (or on Birch Island) that in my opinion have nothing to do with Oak Island, as well as any theories that predate the 16th century. And I think you'll find that DB, who knows more about the island than all of us put together, would agree with that.

There. Can I get back to my Kellogs now?

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Tank04 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:08 pm

D'Arcy,

Agreed.

There. Can I get back to my Kellogs now?

Ummmmmm..... OK, go for it. :D
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby Bonnie on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Darcy,
I am just waiting to hear what Mr. B has to say about his experience with this past months and his ttl and how he and his family are coping and doing and what is next.

Reseachers with their theories and beliefs should not give up or give in.
Bonnie
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Darcy,

hello my good man.

What disrupts my corn flakes breakfast are triangles and other supposed geometric patterns spread all over the province (or on Birch Island) that in my opinion have nothing to do with Oak Island, as well as any theories that predate the 16th century

There was equipment that pirates/sailors usesd that did incorporate angles, like a sextant for celestial navigation and a geometric quadrant for navigation and other puposes. So it is not far fetched that those processes could have been utilized in conjunction to Oak Islands underground stuff to some degree. I believe the quadrant utilized a fixed landmark(s) and the sun. I forget. Ithink comparing the usage of angles and such within the confines of pirates and sailors and local (with the exception of the stars)is reasonable. To what extent that can be stretched is a worthy discussion.
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby D'Arcy on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:16 pm

badinfluence63 wrote:There was equipment that pirates/sailors usesd that did incorporate angles, like a sextant for celestial navigation and a geometric quadrant for navigation and other puposes. So it is not far fetched that those processes could have been utilized in conjunction to Oak Islands underground stuff to some degree.

John:

But of course. Pirates and other early navigators used theodolites and sextants for navigation, and sometimes even for land-based geometry. Remember how astonished Charles Roper was in 1937 when, after setting up his transit at the base of the South Shore triangle, he discovered that the medial line across the apex stone pointed to Polaris as well as to the MP. So yeah, the originators certainly knew something about celestial geometry, and most likely employed it on the island to use if and when they were to come back to recover their deposit. My point was that such evidence is to be found on the island itself, and not somewhere hundreds of miles away from OI.

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Next

Return to Welcome to Oak Island Treasure