New Members

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: New Members

Postby mutakwe on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Rick,

Yes, as you know this northern end of Nova Scotia was populated with a great number of Scottish. If you pass by the Gaelic college in St. Anne's Bay you will see the words: CIAD MAUDE FIALTE......Thus 100,000 welcomes.

Mu
"Never Give Up" - Dan Blankenship
mutakwe
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Rick on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:04 pm

mutakwe wrote:Hi Rick,

Yes, as you know this northern end of Nova Scotia was populated with a great number of Scottish. If you pass by the Gaelic college in St. Anne's Bay you will see the words: CIAD MAUDE FIALTE......Thus 100,000 welcomes.

Mu

oh... oops

Here its : Hello. Not as much flair eh?
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:17 am

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum!
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby Cowtown Pattie on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:47 am

And a big Howdy from Texas to the new'un - Jeff!
Cowtown Pattie, Who Knows How The West Was Won!
Cowtown Pattie
Digging for Gems

Postby mike lenkowiec on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi all,my name is Mike and i just found out about this Oak Island thing.Cant believe that after 60 years its new to me!Always been interested in mysteries but this one sure stayed quiet.Its not often these days when you get to hear something new but here it is!Or is it!............Gone over all the theories and none seem very likely, so what is it?What is the favourite idea?----------By the way im a retired English musician(guitar)who just travels about with my lovely lady(Blue)in our mobile home.At the moment we are parked on our small plot in Essex close to our three beautiful daughters who live nearby with their useless partners!Like most Dads ive always disliked my daughters mates except for once........i thought he was great but (you guessed)she dumped him.Anyway weve been most places but my all time best memory is when we managed to have the Great Pyramid at Giza all to ourselves for a couple of hours,and spent threequarters of an hour in the Kings Chamber!Heres something to think about.Does anyone know where the stairs at the top of the Grand Gallery lead? I couldnt get up them as they where barred!I look forward to hearing from some of you.All the best from snowy Essex in England.
mike lenkowiec
Digging for Clams

Postby Jo on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Hello Mike!

Welcome to the forum. It's great to see another Brit on here :)

I'm envious of you having just heard about Oak Island for the first time. It's a special moment when you first hear about the treasure hunt, and you simply can't understand how it could be possible that the Pit can foil us with all our technology. I read about Oak Island when I was 9, and now at the grand old age of 30, I'm just as baffled. Where did you hear about Oak Island? It's unusual for people in the UK to know about Oak Island, so I'm curious.

One mystery is how you happen to have internet access in your mobile home?! Do you drive along the ancient ley lines of England, harnessing their magical powers?!

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your thoughts on Oak Island :)

All the best from snowy London,

Jo
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:14 am

Mike,

Welcome to the forum!
88’s

FP

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby wayward on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:46 pm

another newbe,my name is Bill Woodward from Michigan.A user I only know as Indiana Jones invited me to this site.My research on the Holy Grail has led me all over N.S.and I guess it would only be logical to belong to the Oak Island forum.I am a Mason (bricklayer type)by trade,but this has been a hobby for me (well more than a hobby)for the last 4 years.
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Jo on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello wayward - glad you made it!

Welcome to the Oak Island forum. Pull up a chair, get comfortable and enjoy reading through our huge legacy of information on Oak Island. Don't be afraid to ask any questions and we'll do our best to assist you with your research.

You mention that your leads have lead you all over Nova Scotia. I'd love to hear where your investigations have taken you.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Jo
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello wayward,

Welcome to the Forum! I was the one who extended the invite to you on the Arcadia site, where I post under the username Indiana Jones. You'll find no shortage of folks on here who are more than willing to answer (or attempt to answer) any questions you may have. As well, we're always looking for new ideas/fresh insights, so don't hesitate put forward any theories, opinions etc.

:)
88’s

FP

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to Oak Island Treasure