New Members

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: New Members

Postby natrichards on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Natalie Richards, I'm seventeen and one of D'Arcy O'Connor's students at Dawson College. I'm new to the subject of Oak Island, but really getting into it now.

I'm preparing an oral presentation for Mr. O'Connor's class, mostly based on some of the more popular theories as to what is ( or was) hidden under Oak Island. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them!

Natalie
natrichards
Digging for Clams

Postby D'Arcy on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:19 am

Natalie:

Beware of this Forum! Its posters are a bunch of Oak Island nutsoids who think there is treasure there; when in fact the island is nothing more (or less) than a subterranean repair shop for disabled extraterrestial vehicles. Jo, who initiated and runs this site, has been implicit in the coverup since the day she first met Zorg and agreed to bear his alien love-child in return for throwing everyone off the trail of what really happened on Oak Island. Jo and Zorg's progeny today walk among us!
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby n4n224ccw on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:27 am

natrichards wrote:.... If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them!

Natalie

:lol: :lol: :lol: run while you can, drop the subject and never look back. Failing to heed this warning, you may want to look into the 'little' people who live under the island. This is a favorite theory of Mr. O'Connor's and it should get you an A+. Mr. O'Connor knows all about them, so you should research this very hard if you want to impress him.
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Postby FutureProspect784 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Natalie,

Welcome to the forum! If you've have Oak Island-related questions, you've come to the right place for answers.

... mostly based on some of the more popular theories as to what is ( or was) hidden under Oak Island. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them!

You know, D'Arcy (sorry, Mr. O'Connor) has written some great stuff over the years about the general history of the mystery, its theories, etc, so his work might be a good place to start - however, I have a feeling that once he found out what you were researching, he told you all about it (Oak Island fanatics have tendancy to do that).

:lol:

But seriously, have a look at the main part of this site, as Jo has done an excellent job of gathering togething information on a good number of the theories that are out there. You've got the Masonic/Knights Templar theory, the hidden manuscripts theory, Capt. Kidd, the Spanish, the British, to name but a few. I myself favour the Alien Remolecularizer theory - well, not really, but it is actually a theory that someone, somewhere, put forward at one time.

Of course, if you're crunched for time, you could always just say that it's a myth.

Good luck!
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby admiralbenbow on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:11 am

welcome matthew!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Kyle Wagner
"Pieces of eight! pieces of eight! pieces of eight!"
admiralbenbow
Digging for Gems

Postby po79 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi all,

Thought it was about time I came on here and said hello. Jo was good enough to help me register back in June but but shortly after things became so hetic for me I haven't been back here, (sorry Jo).

Just to let you all know a little about me so you know what your dealing with :lol:

I live in south west England and really like it here. I can't remember where I first heard of Oak Island but it must have been from a book of myths and mysteries or something as like most little boys we love these kind of stories (I never grew up!).

I often thought about the mystery but could never remeber what it was called just the sorry of "Kidd's treasure" and the booby traps that stopped anyone from getting to it. One day whilst sat at my computer the story popped into my head and I typed it in, read through all the rubish that is out there then found this gem of a site and kept checking in from time to time to see what was new.

My feet are pretty grounded and I don't have any fantastic ideas as to what the mystery is in fact I think it is probably much simpler than most would believe but having to contend with all the previous works and without spending the right amount of money and time to stop the water first the mystery will always be to complicated to solve.

Who's interested in a solves mystery anyway that would just be boring :!:

Thats me, so Hello!

Po79.
po79
Digging for Ore

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:27 pm

po79,

Welcome to the forum!

Who's interested in a solves mystery anyway that would just be boring

You know, while I would like to see this thing solved, I also dread it as well because let's face it, there really isn't another mystery like it out there - but then again, being a fan of this particular mystery, I am a little biased.

88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby Jo on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:40 pm

po79 wrote:Hi all,

Thought it was about time I came on here and said hello. Jo was good enough to help me register back in June but but shortly after things became so hetic for me I haven't been back here, (sorry Jo).

Hi Po, and welcome! Was it really back in June that you registered? Wow, where has the year gone? Good to have you on board.

I live in south west England and really like it here. I can't remember where I first heard of Oak Island but it must have been from a book of myths and mysteries or something as like most little boys we love these kind of stories (I never grew up!).

I hope you've not since been washed away in the recent floods. It's great to have another Brit on here, as you would imagine we're few and far between. Very few people I meet in the UK have heard of the Oak Island mystery but one or two do recall the Money Pit mystery from childhood storybooks.

I often thought about the mystery but could never remeber what it was called just the sorry of "Kidd's treasure" and the booby traps that stopped anyone from getting to it. One day whilst sat at my computer the story popped into my head and I typed it in, read through all the rubish that is out there then found this gem of a site and kept checking in from time to time to see what was new.

Given the hold up with the Treasure Trove Licence, there's been little new news on the dig this year, but we continue to ask questions, discuss ideas and enjoy the encompassing history surrounding Oak Island.

My feet are pretty grounded and I don't have any fantastic ideas as to what the mystery is in fact I think it is probably much simpler than most would believe but having to contend with all the previous works and without spending the right amount of money and time to stop the water first the mystery will always be to complicated to solve.

I think that securing the Money Pit (or any other area of interest) is key, and I think you're very right when you say the solution is probably mush more simple than we realise, after all, the technology to design the pit was mush more simple than we have available today. One must also remember that we now have the remnants of past excavations to contend with, as well as unravelling the original mystery.

Good to have you on board po79 :)

Jo
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby po79 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jo, its been [b]very[/b] wet here but we have been lucky that the worst weather was just a little north, but not by much! Nice to know us Brits are few and far between on here, kind of makes me feel special :D

It must be very frustrating for you to run this site when very little is actually happening on the island for such large periods of time. I have read about the Treasure Trove Licence in the past and here on the site and it seems like a system that needs to be reviewed. Doesn't look likely very much will be happening this year, if all goes well with he licence renewal I'm guessing it will be spring before any work will start?

Anyway I hope to be on the forum more often and keep you all company, even though I'll not have much to contribute :oops:

Po79.
po79
Digging for Ore

Postby Vincent on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Po,

As a fellow Brit. welcome to the forum, and welcome to some classic British weather as well, I have just bought a new bike so all this rain is really getting me down, oh well! there's always good old Oak Island to fall back on. :wink:
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to Oak Island Treasure