New Members

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Re: New Members

Postby Thom on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi, Jo...

Thanks for the warm welcome. Don't be too honored, although I do enjoy a good foot-anointing on occasion :wink:

Interesting events that led me here. I was never much of a history buff until about 10 years ago when I went into a local equipment rental place for something, don't remember what. When I filled out the paperwork, the guy behind the counter asked "Are you one of THE Sinclairs?" I knew a bit about my Scottish heritage, but had never even heard of the Templars! I just stood there while this 20-something year old told me about my family. Obviously feeling rather stupid, I set about to learn what I could. I have now absorbed it all, from the blood of Christ (is that why I feel flushed?...and I thought it was that 3rd glass of wine I just finished!) to the Priory of Scion.

Yes, I am definitely waiting for my share of the treasure! In this economy, I am going to need all the help I can get restoring my retirement account!

As far as the possible Sinclair connection, I'll wait and see. There really is no definitive evidence to prove or disprove from what I can find, although I feel that evidence leans toward the indication that the voyage was made.

Thanks again for the welcome and sorry for all the humor. I never take myself too seriously. Looking forward to exploring the website further and following the new excavation when it begins. (Are you sure they have the right island? From the aerial pictures, Frog Island looks exactly like a chalice!)

Thom
Thom
Digging for Clams

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:10 pm

G'day Thom,

Welcome to the forum!

Interesting events that led me here. I was never much of a history buff until about 10 years ago when I went into a local equipment rental place for something, don't remember what. When I filled out the paperwork, the guy behind the counter asked "Are you one of THE Sinclairs?" I knew a bit about my Scottish heritage, but had never even heard of the Templars! I just stood there while this 20-something year old told me about my family. Obviously feeling rather stupid, I set about to learn what I could. I have now absorbed it all, from the blood of Christ (is that why I feel flushed?...and I thought it was that 3rd glass of wine I just finished!) to the Priory of Scion.

That's a great story. You may have been a bit embarrassed then, but that employee no doubt sent you down a very rewarding path of discovery.
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:47 am

Hello Thom, welcome, I am a Oak Island-a-holic. And you will be too if you hang around here too long. One of the first signs is attending Oak Island days and becoming enamored with all things Oak Island. Stage 2 is when your freinds slowly become only those who embrace the Oak Island mystery..........run while you still have a chnace.lol
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby Thom on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks, FP784 and BI63...

Nowhere to run to, BI...and not sure I want to. I told a friend about the OIMP yesterday and he just looked at me like I was crazy. Not that I'm totally sane, mind you, but I haven't wandered into the deep end yet. How could anyone NOT be intrigued?

You are correct, FP. I should go back to the rental place and thank the guy who opened my eyes (and mind.)

Looking forward to more,

Thom
Thom
Digging for Clams

Postby Jo on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Thom wrote:I told a friend about the OIMP yesterday and he just looked at me like I was crazy.

Yeah Thom, you'll get used to that! :lol:
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby n4n224ccw on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Welcome to Oak Island man, may you see what others have missed.
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Postby KnightWriter on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey there!
My name is Gray..short for Graham...which name was only used by my mother when I was in trouble...and now never used.
I live about 3/4 hour away from Oak Island, in Kentville, NS, altho' I expect to relocate closer in the next year or so.
My interest in Oak Island developed circuitously I suppose, starting with reading HBHG..and many many books later..well I imagine you've all 'been there' too..but to cut a long story short, I think its the Sinclair/Glooscap/Templar connection that really appeals to me ..the mining technology, especially with its proximity to gold mining at Gold River..and the possibility of finding something of historical significance. The Oak Island Resort and Marina only adds to the appeal since I am a boater. On top of all this I find that this site originated, I think, in Jolly Olde London Town, the place of my birth..so it was a lot of factors that brought me here. I hope that I can establish contacts too.
Have a 'grayt' day.
Cheers!
KnightWriter
Digging for Clams

Postby Jo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Hey Gray! It seems you were destined to end up here, and we're pleased to have you.

It's interesting to read that your interest in Oak Island began with HBHG - that was a book I was led to as a result of connections I'd heard about between Rennes le Chateau and Oak Island. The little island in Nova Scotia is certainly a draw for such an eclectic bunch of theories and ideas that you certainly won't be bored here with plenty to entertain you.

I don't know much about the actual mining which took place at Gold River so would love to hear more about that if you have time.

And you are quite right - this website is run out of a top secret bunker from our London HQ. Where abouts were you born? And do you have any memories of living in the UK before you ended up in Canada?

Best wishes,

Jo
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby KnightWriter on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Hey there Jo...thank you for the lovely welcome and destination Oak Island it is....a location only a few minutes away from here and yet it took nearly thirty years after reading HBHG to find my way there. HBHG spawned a huge subset of books and theories, undoubtedly many of which have rocked the establishment..not to forget the fictionalized version ; Da Vinci Code..(wonder whats in Dan Browns next book on America)
So my jourmey went from Rennes-le Chateau, thru Carcassone, Beziers, Montsigur,LaRochelle, Orkneys and to an Indian Legend about Glooscap/Sinclair whose sailings were in an area only moments away from where I now live on the Bay of Fundy...and thence to Oak Island. Weird huh?
There still is a gold mine at Gold River..albeit a tourist site rather than a working site. But its existence gives rise to speculation about the whole area and in particular to the engineering skills of the Templars as written in the book Holy Grail across the Atlantic. Gold River, near Oak Island, essentially starts near New Ross, the suggested site of the Templar structure. It has often crossed my mind that Oak Island is so close to the shore that one wonders why it would be a chosen site..unless it was just a starting off point, to wit the engineering that we have seen there to date..but like you say on the site....we all have our theories. So I guess I'm kind of wondering if anyone shares mine.
As for Jolly Olde, happenstance made my place of birth within the sounds of Bow Bells, although we lived in Palmers Green and I went to high school in Muswell Hill (Tollington, now deceased)..lots of memories..thence to Canada at age 16..Toronto, Burlington Ontario and semi retirement in the Annapolis Valley.
Here endeth the epistle.
Love to hear from anyone, especially on the Templar mystery
Cheers!
Gray

Jo wrote:Hey Gray! It seems you were destined to end up here, and we're pleased to have you.

It's interesting to read that your interest in Oak Island began with HBHG - that was a book I was led to as a result of connections I'd heard about between Rennes le Chateau and Oak Island. The little island in Nova Scotia is certainly a draw for such an eclectic bunch of theories and ideas that you certainly won't be bored here with plenty to entertain you.

I don't know much about the actual mining which took place at Gold River so would love to hear more about that if you have time.

And you are quite right - this website is run out of a top secret bunker from our London HQ. Where abouts were you born? And do you have any memories of living in the UK before you ended up in Canada?

Best wishes,

Jo
KnightWriter
Digging for Clams

Postby Vincent on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Gray,

Hello and welcome to the forum.
So your an Eastender! I myself was born in Farnborough in Kent but most of my family originated from the Bow/Whitechapel area of east London, Although I lived mostly in and around the Penge/Sydenham area of S.E. London. I now live in a small village on the border of Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire and like you have a passion for Oak Island, HBHG, Templar history etc.
My own personal thoughts on O.I. chop and change from time to time, although I do admit to not being able for one second to accept that it was the work of common pirates I am always open to suggestions, and the Templar theory is not one I would dismiss.
I hope you enjoy the site and I like many others look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on O.I.

P.S. If you get the chance to go for a walk on O.I. I strongly recommend you take it, it is a fabulous place, I was there in 2006, to walk on an island you have read so much about is quite mystical.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to Oak Island Treasure