New Members

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:39 pm

WJ,

Don't cop to the growing plea :P just share! :lol:

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby westonjimmy on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:19 pm

Tank,
Generally, I am busy running a signs and graphics company down here in LA. I put in a lot of hours and usually get stuck being the answer man when there are any problems. When we have deadlines I get to see them through. Since I am at work when I stop for a few moments to read up on the happenings of OI, I rarely have the time to contribute. Oh yeah, I'm also re-doing an old craftsman home in my spare time. I also am an avid freediver and underwater hunter.....Oh and I got married two weeks ago and I'm going to Dallas this weekend for a MNF game......and so on and so on and so on....I stay pretty busy.
westonjimmy
Digging for Coal

Postby Vincent on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:23 pm

Westonjimmy.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent marriage.
All the best to you and your wife.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:13 pm

WJ,

Damn, boy your busy :shock: Glad you post here as it shows you have your priorities in order :wink:

Congrats and all the best on your most important activity......your marriage!

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby westonjimmy on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:22 pm

Thank you all for the thoughts.
westonjimmy
Digging for Coal

Busy guy

Postby Tank04 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:11 pm

westonjimmy,

Ahh yes, the perpetual motion of the younger man, how well I remember those days. These days, I get winded just reading about guys like you!!!

Free diving eh? Wow, that is a high risk, demanding hobby that scares the be - jeepers out of me.

One more point, as a man who has 24 years of matrimonial bliss behind him, all I can say is, with a good woman to back you up, and often times lead, you have the world by the ass. Congratulations. :lol:
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby westonjimmy on Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:13 pm

Freediving here in california is some of the best in the world. I have been a certified scuba diver for 15 years now but got into freediving a few years ago and never looked back. It's a much purer sport and for spearing fish, the only way to get the big ones. I had a run on with about a 8 foot Mako last month but nothing bad came of it.
As far as marriage, I was long over due. We have been together for 7 years and finally got all of our ducks in a row so I pulled the trigger. 24 years form now I hope I can post about having as many years of marrital bliss.
westonjimmy
Digging for Coal

Postby divemedic on Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:04 pm

Westonjimmy,
How did you find going from breathing from a regulator and then going into freediving? Personally I have a hard time because with the snorkel in my mouth I want to take a breath. Also do you free dive for abalone??
Flies spread disease, keep your's up!
divemedic
Digging for Diamonds

Postby westonjimmy on Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:13 pm

Basically, we often refer to it as breath-hold diving because as you get better you kick out the snorkel after you "breath-up" on the surface. Not having the snorkel in your mouth gets rid of the reaction to want to breath in and won't trap air that can release at depth and scare wildlife away. It's amazing how long you can stay underwater with enough practice. Yes, e go for Abalone freediving. In fact the regs require that you can only catch them freediving (along with a list of other requirements). I ive down in the LA area and even if you could find one here (have seen them at Catlina Island) they are off limits. You have to up north towards san Francisco to find them and to be legal.
westonjimmy
Digging for Coal

Re: New Members

Postby Hume-MacDonald on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:37 pm

[quote="Jo"]Just joined the forum?

Please take the time to introduce yourself here first.

Greetings Everyone,
I first found out about this forum on the Treasure Hunters forum last summer. I think it was Templarscribe who mentioned visiting this site. My name there was 0702. I am from PEI, Canada.30 something year old female. Any guidance for new members would be appreciated.
Cheers
Hume-MacDonald
Digging for Coal

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to Oak Island Treasure