New Members

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

Postby GracefulBee on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:35 am

dragon lady wrote:GB
Is that a penguin in a War Bonnet? It's great!
DL

DL,
Why yes it is...cute little fella isn't he!

FP.....well that is why I said I have only posted a few times.... :wink: And yeah dad has some awesome stories of treasure hunting....he said he once found a chest and on top of it was a skeleton with a sword through him. He said somewhere he has a picture. He also said he went to Mel Fisher's house and Mel told him to go look in the closet and when he did there was a barrel with pieces of eight in it and he told dad to take some...he still has that.
GracefulBee
Digging for Coal

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:38 am

GracefulBee wrote:And yeah dad has some awesome stories of treasure hunting....he said he once found a chest and on top of it was a skeleton with a sword through him. He said somewhere he has a picture. He also said he went to Mel Fisher's house and Mel told him to go look in the closet and when he did there was a barrel with pieces of eight in it and he told dad to take some...he still has that.

That is so awesome! :D 8)
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby dragon lady on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:39 am

GB,
Where did you get him? I want him! Not as my avatar but he'd make a great addition to my penguin collection.
DL
dragon lady
Future Tour Guide

Introduction.

Postby Drake on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi all

Just found your forum and I’m glad to say I like it. :D Full of the kind of things I like discussing. Took me a while to pen an introduction, but made it at last.

So Firstly…..hello! :D

Secondly, I have a very wide range of subjects I’m interested in. Basically anything that comes under the term forteana (Love Fortean Times but not much so since they went mainstream, and especially when they covered Star Trek! What’s that got to do with Forteana?!? :x Miss the old style issues and Fortean Studies, sadly no longer being made :( ), ancient history and religions and magic. Always been interested in the unexplained from an early age and especially when I came across the excellent part-work ‘The Unexplained’ in my youth. Probably this was where I first heard of the Oak Island Money Pit, either that or on an Arthur C Clarke mysterious programme.

Thirdly, I’m from Hertfordshire, England.

Fourthly, I came upon your website by chance after reading Nigel and Patricia Fanthorpe’s Oak Island Mystery. That book annoyed me greatly. :x Talk about over-the-top conclusions or what. Never seen a book with such tenuous non-existent threads. Although I like mysteries I think the Oak Island Pit is essentially a pirate or privateer hoard. It’s great to speculate but I prefer to see the facts that make wild unsubstantiated guesses based on lacklustre research and veiled coincidences. The facts that I manage to eek out the above book (and curiously enough noticed on your forum, almost identical in some regards. Including some of the wild theories. If I knew about this site earlier it could have said me the price of a book!) seem to suggest this period considering that the only wood to be carbon-dated so far matches the time in question. I keep an open mind, but prefer to wait for evidence. However the above is not based on most recent finds and events which I hope this site will help to update me on.

Hope to be chatting and discussing much in the future.

Bye for now. :D
Drake
Digging for Clams

Postby dragon lady on Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:12 pm

Hi Drake,
Welcome to the forum!
DL
dragon lady
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:33 pm

Drake,

Let me join DL in welcoming you to the forum. I hope you find it tittalating and challenging and the banter of off topic matters doesn't annoy you too much. Most of us have met and we stay in touch this way, exchange pertinent information and learn things along the way.

Welcome aboard!

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Annoyed

Postby Tank04 on Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:57 am

Drake,

I came upon your website by chance after reading Nigel and Patricia Fanthorpe’s Oak Island Mystery. That book annoyed me greatly.

Welcome to the OI treasure forum. In part four of your post, you and I are on the same page. Fanthorpe's theories/suggestions are, well, not for me.

I hope you enjoy your time here.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Re: Introduction.

Postby Jo on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:06 pm

Drake wrote:I’m from Hertfordshire, England.

Me too! Where abouts?

Welcome to the forum!
Jo
Site Admin

Postby Rick on Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:18 pm

Welcome Drake! Enjoy the forum.
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

Thanks

Postby Drake on Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:40 pm

Thanks to you all for making me feel very welcome. :D