New Members

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here first. Where are you from?
How did you hear about Oak Island?

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow

New Members

Postby Jo on Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:44 am

Just joined the forum?

Please take the time to introduce yourself here first.

I have decided to develop this dedicated introductions section of the forum to prune content a little.

Up until now there has not been an area for newbies to arrive at before jumping head first into a thread which can be intimidating to say the least, given the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Please say hello, tell us a little about yourself, let us know where you are from, how you found out about Oak Island and what your initial thoughts on the mystery are.

Looking forward to seeing you online! :)

Jo
Jo
Site Admin

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:41 am

Jo,

Excellent idea! :D
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Re: New Members

Postby matthew on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:19 am

Jo wrote:Just joined the forum?

Please take the time to introduce yourself here first.

I have decided to develop this dedicated introductions section of the forum to prune content a little.

Up until now there has not been an area for newbies to arrive at before jumping head first into a thread which can be intimidating to say the least, given the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Please say hello, tell us a little about yourself, let us know where you are from, how you found out about Oak Island and what your initial thoughts on the mystery are.

Looking forward to seeing you online! :)

Jo
hi all my name as you can see it matt and im a new member
I stumbled upon this site by mr.Hennigar who I am gratefull to for his patience .
I fist came across the Oak Island mystery while looking in the lost treasure sites and found this particular one curious .
well I now spend a good part of my free time reading about alot of things I never did before and that is a treasure in itself .
however I do believe I can pin point an entrance into a tunnle that is totally free of collapse due to the sea water and belive alot of what I read in the "money pit saga "to be alittle misguided by ambision.
however hind sight might be 20/20 we can still use all the clues left behind.
the questions I found answers to have left me with new questions and unfortunately those answers wont be solved until I get to talk to some one who has attempted to find the caverns entrance and their almost surely not going to talk to me .
just wanted to say hi .

"HI"
matthew
Digging for Diamonds

New posters

Postby Tank04 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:57 am

Matthew,

I'm glad you took the plunge. You won't get everyone to agree with your ideas, but you are likely to find some who will support you too.

We debate, enlighten, inform, discuss and consider, best of luck.

...the questions I found answers to have left me with new questions and...

I have been studying this enigma for over thirty years and the quote (above) from you above is oh so true for me, even today.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby mr_dogman2u on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:36 pm

Hi Mathhew,
Welcome to the forum. You will find this to be a great sounding board for information to put together theories. Everything from the city of Atlantis to a water filtration has been debated. There is a wealth information and opinion, and as long as you can take a punch once in a while, you'll love the forum. Look forward to seeing some of your info.
Dogman
Always do sober what you said you would do when drunk-It'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.--Ernest Hemingway
OITS MEMBER (me, not Hemingway!)
mr_dogman2u
Digging for Diamonds

Postby fitycentral on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:21 pm

Matthew,

Welcome to the forum!!! :)

Fity
fitycentral
Digging for Ore

Postby FutureProspect784 on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:06 am

Matthew,

Welcome to the OITF, and glad to see you took the chance to make use of the 'New Members' section Jo just recently created. If your an OI (Oak Island) enthusiast, I don't think you'll regret your decision in joining this forum, seeing as it is the hotspot on the web for everything OI related.

Enjoy your time here, and I'll see you around.

:)
88’s

FP

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby GracefulBee on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:15 am

Well what is considered a new member...I have been a member for a while now but haven't really posted much.... more of a lurker.

My name is Debbie and I live in Fern Park Florida. I found out about Oak Island from my dad who used to treasure hunt here in Florida. He truly has some fascinating stories about days with Mel Fisher before he was famous and with Frank Hudson among others. He told me that at one point Hudson was interested in OI and gave my dad some papers and what not about it. I have asked if he knows where they are and he said he will look.

As for what I think the mystery is...I have no idea but I do believe it will be solved soon. I am inclined to think that the swamp is somehow involved more than most think, but that is just my opinion.

Arrr matey indeed......
GracefulBee
Digging for Coal

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:20 am

GracefulBee wrote:Well what is considered a new member...I have been a member for a while now but haven't really posted much.... more of a lurker.

My name is Debbie and I live in Fern Park Florida. I found out about Oak Island from my dad who used to treasure hunt here in Florida. He truly has some fascinating stories about days with Mel Fisher before he was famous and with Frank Hudson among others. He told me that at one point Hudson was interested in OI and gave my dad some papers and what not about it. I have asked if he knows where they are and he said he will look.

As for what I think the mystery is...I have no idea but I do believe it will be solved soon. I am inclined to think that the swamp is somehow involved more than most think, but that is just my opinion.

Arrr matey indeed......

You already have some posts, but I'll welcome you anyway. Mel Fisher...............now there's a guy I wish I could have gotten to meet...............now I'm just getting side-tracked. :lol: I too feel that the swamp does and will have a much larger part to play in this mystery; what that part is I do not know.

See you in the forum.

:)
88’s

FP

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby dragon lady on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:21 am

GB
Is that a penguin in a War Bonnet? It's great!
DL
dragon lady
Future Tour Guide

Next

Return to Welcome to Oak Island Treasure