The Money Pit

Forum members who wish to participate in the research of Oak Island related topics

Moderators: Jo, RRD2

Postby RRD2 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:27 am

Thanks, Bonnie....

I have always had difficulty uploading images to the photographs section. For some reason, it has always worked better for "documents".....

Some people are computer savvy and some of us are still learning.... :(

Vincent: The tunnel spirals at a gradual grade around the shaft of the money pit. It is difficult to tell just how it was dug, but as it is a gradually tapering decline, carrying things to and from the surface would be rather easy. As it did not intersect the flood tunnels or the money pit at higher levels, it was an independent access to whatever was to be found deeper. I also believe that it was intentionally backfilled with large quantities of sand, such that if it was ever excavated properly, it could have been done very quickly with a minimum of effort. Just speculation on my part....

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

oirg

Postby Vincent on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:44 am

Bonnie.

Thanks for that it now works, My E-mail address is already in use on that site? huh!!! so i had to create another :cry:

RRD2.

This spiral tunnel is very unusual, i am really suprised that it hasn`t been mentioned time and time again as it appears to be a very important part of the MP construction.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Previous

Return to Oak Island Research Group