Decoding the Past: The Templar Code

Forum members who wish to participate in the research of Oak Island related topics

Moderators: Jo, RRD2

Decoding the Past: The Templar Code

Postby RRD2 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:34 pm

The History Channel aired an interesting documentary last night - part two of Decoding the Past: The Templar Code...

They will probably air it again, both parts one and two - possibly this Monday. In any event, those wishing to own a copy can purchase a DVD at: http://www.historychannel.com.

The program was well produced and contained a fairly good segment on Oak Island. Time devoted to the history of O.I. was small in relation to Rosslyn, but they gave it a good shot. I have certainly seen worse, as many of you have.... The narrator is Edward Hermann and film crews visited a number of countries to tell the story of the missing Templar treasure.

Short of following exactly in Steven Sora's footsteps, I would like to examine the Templar legacy and any possible connection to our mystery. Sora makes a good case for the Templar treasure - O.I. link. Independent of what is already written, it would be interesting to verify what is known and re-establish the links. There are some exciting possibilities in the Templar / Knights of Christ history, although admittedly we know very little about them after 1312. Verifiable documentary evidence just doesn't seem to be available.

Nevertheless, I will condense the major points in Sora's work: The Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar - Solving the Oak Island Mystery, and along with other resources, attempt to independently confirm or corroborate the possibilities. The points of interest will be posted here on this thread and those interested in this theory are invited to participate to whatever extent their imagination and skill takes them... :D

This will take quite some time, but the story has world interest and certainly deserves more consideration from the Oak Island buffs.

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Vincent on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:21 pm

this is most interesting. do you any theories on what these were for?

been puzzled by this for a few hours, i cant see them being foundations as clay surely isnt the best thing to rest stone on, as it can dry up and crumble or swell and become soft when wet.
i did consider it could have been a cast of somesort, but over 1km in length...hmmmmm!

baffled. :?
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

grey slabs

Postby Vincent on Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:13 pm

how very odd!!

trees not growing in the clay is a good point, but the grey slabs 150m apart....thats a bit strange.
at first glance i immediatly thought of markers but if they are flush with the ground i would have thought that over time they would become hidden by natural debris or nearby follage covering them up, strange that they are not standing.

There appears to a lot more to NS than i ever thought. im going to have to get a grip of geometry as it apperas to play a very large part of the overall sceme of things, it would also appear that mr.manns book is a must.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby RRD2 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:42 pm

I attempted to quote a portion of your previous post, but my reply came up with your name and avatar!

I deleted it, as it was a response from me, and unfortunately it deleted your response to Vincent! My apologies...... I can't understand why this happened - possibly the unwitting implementation of a moderator tool.

In any event, I agree with you regarding the early exploration by the Spanish and Portuguese..

Regards, RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

Return to Oak Island Research Group