Over Time

Forum members who wish to participate in the research of Oak Island related topics

Moderators: Jo, RRD2

Over Time

Postby acdonah on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:56 pm

Hi ,

Nice pictures.....I noticed the coffer dam in Smith's Cove in the 1943-1965. Is that the ancient coffer dam or is it one that was built by early treasure hunters?

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

Postby acdonah on Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:35 am

I was wondering about the black stagnant water found in the pit on several occasions. Could this be swamp water? If the swamp has been getting smaller, then it might be partially due to constant pumping from the pit over the century. I know that there has been hundreds of thousands gallons of water(maybe millons is closer) pumped and that the swamp can't be reponsible for that, but there could be expanation for the black water.

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

Photos

Postby Tank04 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:28 pm

Great series of photographs my good man. It sure would be nice to have that series for EOID. Hint. Hint......
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby RRD2 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:23 pm

It would also be nice to have enhanced stills of these to view in a set. There appears to be a natural progression as well as certain natural features and anomalies which remain evident, regardless of the angle or the clarity.

There is a great deal to be understood here, requiring some time at a desk with the proper optics....

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

fab photos

Postby opus on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:18 pm

Excellent shots - and many appear to be at low tide or close. I'm intrigued by the vegetation changes.

The 10GB size is forbidding - is there compression software that can keep much of the detail without filling up the harddrive? 600-900 MB wouldn't be too onerous except to transfer across "the wires".

Opus
A treasure hunter will take your money and his experience and turn it into his money and your experience.
opus
Digging for Diamonds

Return to Oak Island Research Group