Tree Photo Identification Project.

Forum members who wish to participate in the research of Oak Island related topics

Moderators: Jo, RRD2

Postby Bonnie on Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:58 am

RRD2, I was having confusion because of the way i had read those 2 postings from you (that i pasted up for your review). I have been under the impression you had sent the other samples of your own as well. besides the very first one you sent in.

thanks for clarifying :)

Looks like it is going to take much more time to figure out the trees.

B
Bonnie
Future Tour Guide

Postby Bonnie on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:55 pm

Maybe you can put radioactivity on your list of things to test for?

The Chalice Well is an ancient sacred fountain. pre-christian in origin, and it is said that its waters are radioactive. so also the area in Bohemia assocaited in some legends with the brothers of the rose cross is characterized by radioactive mountains.

-- Corinne Heline
Mysteries Of The Holy Grail
Bonnie
Future Tour Guide

Postby RRD2 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:08 pm

Hoping, yes, hoping,.......

That will provide new samples of the Mysterious Oaks...

Onward.....for the truth!

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Vincent on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:53 pm

Thanks for that picture, and Thanks to Les M as well.

I know that you have stated that the origins are unknown but do you know why the large boulder is highlighted?
Was this Les`s doing or have you posted it this way for a reason?
i have read back but didnt see anything relative to a large boulder in any of your posts.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby RRD2 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:09 pm

I'm sure that Les will have more to follow wrt. the large boulder at Smith's Cove..... 8)

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

Postby D'Arcy on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:26 pm

That large distinctive boulder is kind of a benchmark, for it appears in almost all photos of Smith's Cove, from the late 1800's to the most recent. In fact, you can still see it today at low tide.

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Boulder

Postby Tank04 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:27 pm

Vincent,

The large boulder is highlighted because it has been a land mark for many, many years now, and is believed to be exactly where it was left by the glaciers and has not been moved. A very important fact on an island like this where much has been moved and pushed around.

If you are able to come to Oak Island this year, and we are able to get on it, I will show it to you.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby Bonnie on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:34 pm

oh, the new picture poses many new questions!

They could of been planted as they are not growing in force all over the island at that time. but in a perfect position so that when your coming into the bay you see them in all their glory.

there are so many of them! so close together. If they were planted, I can only imagine they were planted so close together and so many for a reason. perhaps to hold out water from creeping into the ground. as trees suck up alot of water.

I had read somewhere that at one time the trees seemed to be in the water as well. maybe the water has risen overtime since they were planted. if they were planted.

Ok, if this is suppose to be canadian maples....and they are having massive genetic problems. what has changed in that area today? the trees that are there..spruce etc would be showing the same bizarre growth issues. all of them by the looks of it. as i dont see 1 single normal maple in that picture. they all are doing the same thing. so what has changed underground in that area?

maybe what ever could of been giving off the problem that evolved into the trees is now fallen deeper underground,been drowned or something.

I dont think it is some underground anamoly, myself. I think the trees are not maples and they were planted systematically. and that they went all the way to the swamp fits my feelings that the island was landscaped as such a very long time ago. what a beautiful entrance into the unknown. these trees with a high canopy top perfect for birds.

anyway, beautiful picture.
Bonnie
Future Tour Guide

Postby Vincent on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:38 pm

Tank.

I was curious about the boulder as like many things on OI it may have relevence, if it is glacial debris then fine, that i can accept.
Out of curiosity, would you happen to know roughly how big the boulder is and how proud it stands from the seabed?

Could it have been moved by man or is it definatley a natural feature?
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:15 pm

My question is where on the grand scale of the other surface markers does this boulder possibly fit in with? Remeber too that Tank stated that many of the existing boulders are as a consequence of how did he say it...glacial movement?

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

PreviousNext

Return to Oak Island Research Group