Oak Island Research Group

Forum members who wish to participate in the research of Oak Island related topics

Moderators: Jo, RRD2

Postby RRD2 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:10 pm

Many thanks for your work on the symbol, Acondah...

I have a hunch that the symbol is more than simple letters, and as you have learned, alchemy could be the key. There is a possibility of other connections and I have searched for this symbol in many places also, without significant results.

If the symbol can be found as a near exact match, then it will be one more clue to help solve the important questions. I did not understand the significance of the stone initially, but there has to be a reason why there are more pictures of this rock by far than anything else.

I look forward to your thoughts on this anomaly...

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

Postby RRD2 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:05 am

I'm working on it, . The problem is that these are all Polaroid Land camera shots, and many are out of focus.

Your close-up here on the forum has so far exceeded the detail of anything that I have been able to produce. The good news is that there are over 20 pictures of the same rock!

Apparently there was some significance placed on this object, despite the initial thoughts of just writing it off as the work of some idle employee of an early search attempt.

If I can get a good one out of these stills, I'll add it immediately. I am also hoping that it will be on film, and given the interest it had then, I am probably right... :D

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:23 am

Guys,

I have been playing with a piece of software called "PhotoFlair" ( http://www.truview.com )which is an image enhancement program. They claim their enhancement engine is used by NASA to enhance space photos and such.

I ran some photos through it (some of my own, and some of RDII's), and find the results varied, but when they're good, WOW. It's able to pull detail out of the shadows and bring it out, without blowing out the highlights.

I ran my pic of the heart-shaped stone through it, I think you'll like this one.

RDII, I ran the photo of the Smith's Cove wood through it and the colour came out wildly different than the original, but still very realistic wood-colour. I will post it, but in the mean time I'm wondering if you can comment on the accuracy of the colour of the wood in this picture - is it close to the real thing?

I will post some examples soon for all to see, so you can get an idea. This or something like it could be a useful tool!

(I was impressed enough that I bought it if anyone has any photos they'd like me to run through it!)

Thanks,

Dave
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Postby Keeled_over on Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:49 am

MDK,

Great find!!
I will be eagerly awaiting the pics of the wood. The previous pics of the wood don't have enough detail for me to make an accurate identification.

regards,

K_O
Member of the Oak Island Tourism Society
www.oakislandsociety.ca
Keeled_over
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:17 am

K_O,

They still don't unfortunately, I was most interested in the colour change when I auto-balanced the Smith's Cove wood photo. It is rather low resolution and out of focus for which not much can be done.

It really didn't make much difference on the South Shore wood photos, they are rather over-exposed to start with so there's not much detail to enhance. I was able to play with them enough to bring out the grain a little more, which may be helpful.

I should be able to post them tomorrow.

Dave
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Postby RRD2 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:48 pm

Many thanks, MDK...

I will take some standard pictures today with a macro lens and have them developed to disc. This should provide good close-ups of each piece of wood.

The wood from Smith's Cove does not appear to have a lot of color when viewed in sunlight. Scanning the piece on a flatbed scanner, however, reveals reddish tinges. I am not sure why this happens - perhaps something in the image processing.

In any event, photos from a 35mm camera under the proper lighting conditions should provide accurate color and detail. I'll post them when they come back. The pics from the digital camera were taken in a hurry with artificial light, and it is clear that they are of poor quality.

RDII
RRD2
Digging for Diamonds

Postby acdonah on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:45 am

Hi All,

I was looking at the borehole pictures and I was wondering if the human figure picture could be a wooden carving found on the front of a ship(not sure of the currect terminology). Just an idea.
----------------
I'm currently try to make a connection to the "1704" stone found in Smith's Cove and the Rosicrucians. It interesting what pops up when you use the key words "Rosicrucians" and "1704".

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

Postby D'Arcy on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:55 am

acd:

The so-called "human figure" in that incredible grainy photo can be anything you or anyone else wants it to be. So yeah, it can be an actual human body, or a siren/angel/goddess on the prow of a ship, or the shroud of Christ, or Jimmy Hoffa's corpse, or De Veres' asophogus, or whatever. Then again maybe it's just a weird anhydrite rock and clay formation. Who knows?

D'Arcy
(OITS member)
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby acdonah on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:58 am

D'Arcy wrote:a siren/angel/goddess on the prow of a ship

That is what I see through the murk and the grain... :D

acd
acdonah
Digging for Diamonds

hello folks

Postby opus on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:32 pm

To the gang of 12...

I have enjoyed reading this thread - it's been awhile since I've tapped into the forum. I'm pleased to see RDII getting everyone's creative juices flowing.

Let me know if I can help.

Opus
A treasure hunter will take your money and his experience and turn it into his money and your experience.
opus
Digging for Diamonds

PreviousNext

Return to Oak Island Research Group