How Hapgood's Crustal Displacement Theory works

This is the place to discuss any non-Oak Island topics - any discussions which have veered off topic may find themselves residing here.

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

How Hapgood's Crustal Displacement Theory works

Postby jimbow on Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:16 pm

Hello all,

I proposed a theory about the Money Pit that suggests that the pit was an old mining shaft, and that the island sank. That requires that processes deep within the earth can bring about such a catastrophe.

I've studied Hapgood's processes for over 40 years, and have written extensively about them. I don't know whether this is the forum for such a discussion, but being that this particular part is "Anything Else," I thought I'd ask.

My Island sinking theory is here!

http://jamesbowles.bravepages.com/OakIsland.html

Thanks.

jb
jimbow
Digging for Gems

Postby Ishmael on Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:25 pm

As you said, this is the 'Anything Else' section, and I for one would like to learn more about Hapgood's theories. Please feel free to elaborate.

Trev
Ishmael
Digging for Diamonds

Postby eldridge on Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:50 pm

Me too.
:D
eldridge
Digging for Diamonds

Hapgood Revisited {part 1}

Postby jimbow on Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:12 pm

Hello eldridge, Trev and all,

jb} Einstein wrote the forward to Hapgood's 1956 book, Earth's Shifting Crust .. where he concured w/Hapgood:

Einstein "In a polar region there is continual deposition of ice that produces centrifugal momentum that is transmitted to the rigid crust. The constantly increasing centrifugal momentum will produce a movement of the earth's crust over the rest of the earth's body, and this will displace the polar regions toward the equator."

jb} Einstein stated, however, that there was still a problem ... {Hapgood agreed}

Einstein "The only doubtful assumption is that the earth's crust can be moved easily enough over the inner layers."

jb} Hapgood plotted four (4) past glacial regions on the Earth that had at one time been at the N. Polar region. These were, {Alaska} .. {Atlantic East of Greenland} .. {Hudsons Bay} .. and the present {Arctic}. At each shift the resident glacial Polar Region would move into the lower latitudes .. thus the {melt back after the shift} is what we call the Ice Ages.

The glacial accumulation stage .. was at the Poles, prior to the shift!

I wrote an article, "Hapgood Revisited," for Atlantis Rising, and Fred N. Earll who wrote the forward to Hapgood's second book, The Path of the Poles wrote the introductory lead in story line for me, titled "A Controversy Revisited." {I speak to Fred on occasion}

Hapgood Revisited
http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue18/18hapgood.html

I'll discuss the problem that Einstein mentioned in Part {2}

jb
jimbow
Digging for Gems

Return to Off topic discussion