Remembering 9/11 - 10 Year Anniversary

This is the place to discuss any non-Oak Island topics - any discussions which have veered off topic may find themselves residing here.

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

Remembering 9/11 - 10 Year Anniversary

Postby Procutus on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Posters;

I'm glad that we have this Off-Topic sub-forum, as I felt compelled to make mention of today's significance. I think most of us alive can remember with absolute clarity where we were and what we were doing on that fateful morning when the attacks occurred, which in effect, changed the world in many ways.

For me, chatting this morning via e-mail with a very close friend who lives in NYC, it's hard for us to believe that it really has been ten years, that a full decade has elapsed since that terrible day. As I told her, the memories are still so vivid and fresh. I can still see Lynne and I watching the first tower fall in the B&B where we were staying at in Maine. I remember us hearing the news in a shop in Bar Harbor over the radio that the second tower had fallen. And then the news that other plans were involved in what happened.

It was difficult to assimilate that this was actually happening. It was the Pearl Harbor of our time.

As I watch the coverage on CNN this morning, I can only hope and pray that we will never have to endure an action of that magnitude again, that our efforts and those of other nations, have turned the tide enough in this social/political drama to keep us relatively safe from those who would kill purely for idealist reasons.

kind regards to all,

Proc
"Nothing happens unless first we dream."
- Carl Sandburg
Procutus
Future Tour Guide

Return to Off topic discussion