I'm Back!!

This is the place to discuss any non-Oak Island topics - any discussions which have veered off topic may find themselves residing here.

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

I'm Back!!

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 am

After a 2 year hiatus I am excited to say that I am finally getting to posting back on the OITF. woo hooo.

The Oak Island Treasure forum. I may have to re read my Oak Island books again to refresh my memory.

Howdy all you Oak Island fanatics. :lol:
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Re: I'm Back!!

Postby D'Arcy on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi Bad, good to see you back.

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Howdy Darcy,

In the hiatus a rolling stone gathers no moss. So far Karen and I have rode the motorcycle to Ashville,NC,Nova Scotia,Outer Banks,NC(and seen the QEW artifacts), Key West(Mel Fisher Museum and Pirate Soul),San Diego,Paintsville,KY,Pigeon Forge,TN and Marble Falls,Ark.

Hows your book coming along? Does ithelp the caught Whitey Bulger. They metioned the Winter Hil gang in the ensuing stories whence he was caught. Is that anything to do w/ your book?
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby D'Arcy on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 am

Hi John:

Glad to hear that you and Karen are still humping along on the Harley to new and interesting places. Is it still the Buell?

My latest book, "Montreal's Irish Mafia" came out in April, and is selling very well in North America, England and Ireland, and is now into its second printing. Yes, it does refer to Whitey Bulger and the Winter Hill Gang, although it was released before Whitey was finally tracked down in Santa Monica a few weeks ago. I gotta admit that trying to find buried bodies was harder and more intimidating than finding buried treasure. If you are interested in reading it, you'll find the book at your local Borders store in Concord. Or else just Google the book title to get it from Amazon.
Cheers,
D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:14 am

Darcy,

Buell long gone. Sold that and the Pan in either 2007 or 2008 I forget and bought these... 2001 Ultra(purple) and 1998 Ultra w/ s/c:

Grandboys love the sidecar bike. Don't take them on the highway but when we get to designated location I toodle around town with them. KArens taking the photo otherwise she's in the sidecar with the little guy(Aiden) sitting on her lap.

I thought of you and your book when the winter hill gang was referenced a number of times in the many articles about Whitey Bulger. Huh go figure the whole time he's right under their noses.

You ought to send him a complimentary copy of your book, I heard he has lots of time to read now...just guessing,lol.
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Welcome Back BI. I too have not been around here much over the past couple of years, just pop in once in a while to see what is new. Hope all is well.

Dave
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Postby badinfluence63 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:55 am

Howdy MDK ,say hey to Michelle!

Same here, haven't been on on years....needed the space.

Oh and guess what Karen just bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited! She loves it and she looks cute in it? Also was thinking of you guys this last October as we rode across country and stayed in Ouray, COlorado, known as the jeep capital of the world. I'll say.

Heads up, a poster named Swede is looking for some Bates maps and I pointed him your way. Thought you might still have those maps?

Hope this finds you and Michelle doing well.
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Bad,

Great to see you back on here, mate! Has it really been two years?
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby badinfluence63 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 am

FP!!! You old rascal you! Married with kids yet,lol......how ya been?

Yeah its been pretty near 2 years...my how time flies by when you're pizzed off :lol:.

FutureProspect784 wrote:Bad,

Great to see you back on here, mate! Has it really been two years?
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Postby Mad Davy Kidd on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:53 pm

badinfluence63 wrote:Howdy MDK ,say hey to Michelle!

Same here, haven't been on on years....needed the space.

Oh and guess what Karen just bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited! She loves it and she looks cute in it? Also was thinking of you guys this last October as we rode across country and stayed in Ouray, COlorado, known as the jeep capital of the world. I'll say.

Heads up, a poster named Swede is looking for some Bates maps and I pointed him your way. Thought you might still have those maps?

Hope this finds you and Michelle doing well.

Sounds like a nice Jeep! I want one of those one day... for now the Liberty is still trucking.

Sounds like a nice trip too, I haven't been to much of the west coast of the US, something I'd like to do one day.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been in touch with Swede.
Mad Davy Kidd
Digging on Oak Island

Next

Return to Off topic discussion