Long time, no post

This is the place to discuss any non-Oak Island topics - any discussions which have veered off topic may find themselves residing here.

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

Long time, no post

Postby Jo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted on the forum and as many of you are good friends, I feel I should let you know what I've been up to recently. There's no real excuse for neglecting the forum, but I hope you understand that life gets in the way sometimes and activities, such as my commitment to telling the story of Oak Island and facilitating discussion has not left me, rather has taken a back seat for a short while.

I've recently switched career after being awarded an arts fellowship to pursue my dream of becoming a potter. Coupled with this has been the upheaval of moving out of London and living temporarily back at home until our house purchase finally completes next week and we move north to begin a new life in the country. Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook will know what a painful, long, drawn out process this has been, but thankfully the end is in site and I look forward to life returning to normal in the next week or so and then establishing time to return to my love of Oak Island.

It's encouraging to read everyone's comments here and great to see that the conversations continue. A lot of us have been forum members for years, and over time have passed in and out of here, but I'm touched that so many of you stick around. This place would be nothing without you, so thanks :)

Jo
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Long time, no post

Postby badinfluence63 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Hello Jo,

It has been neigh 2 years since I have even felt like gracing the Oak Island mystery in my daily life. I think the hiatus has been a good thing and has allowied father time to actually make me forget why I vacated the mystery in the first place.

And older now I prefer to pet the sweat things and not sweat the petty things.

As well this is where my love and interest and may others love and interest for all things Oak Island started. Right here on ye old OITF. Its unfortunate to see the once populated and perculating grand dame of all Oak Island mystery forums simmer to a low boil. I mean there were days, no weeks and months where this forum was making all things Oak Island happen. From the organizing of the gathering of all Oak Island mystery enthuisiasts from all corners of the earth to desend on the Western Shore,NS and Oak Island, to camp, hotel and RV, to drink beer, to regale with each other and for the mystery and the island. Those were the best of times. Those who were fortunate to hae participated I am sure will agree.
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Return to Off topic discussion