OI mentioned again

This is the place to discuss any non-Oak Island topics - any discussions which have veered off topic may find themselves residing here.

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

OI mentioned again

Postby Vincent on Mon May 09, 2011 10:38 am

Many of you may have seen this but I thought it worthy of posting anyway just because it contains some nice photos and snippets of film.
It is from a History channel documentary about ancient aliens so if that's not your cup of tea you will need to fast forward to about 7 mins into the program, I would suggest watching this in Youtube as you will need the link from 7 of 9 to 8 of 9 to watch the whole section about Oi and finish your own personal game of "spot the inaccuracies" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8q5JNfuUsM&NR=1

If for whatever reason the link doesn't work simply search in Youtube for Ancient Aliens - Closer Encounters 7 of 9 and you'll easily find it.
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Re: OI mentioned again

Postby D'Arcy on Tue May 10, 2011 12:04 am

Hi Vincent:

Thanks for sending. I'm afraid I only got through half of it before giving up. The many factual and historical innacuracies re OI's history and former digs had me wincing; and then the "Ark of the Covenant" and an "atomic reactor" beneath the MP! WTF??

Ah well, at least it had some great color aerial shots of the island.

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Vincent on Tue May 10, 2011 8:23 am

D'Arcy,

You mean I wasn't taken ill after a short walk on the island due to exposure to an ancient yet highly advanced form of alien radiation? :lol: Oh well, I guess it must have been to much Keith's pale ale then!!!!

It was a painful documentary to watch but as you agreed some of the shots were quiet nice, I especially liked the constant references to the MP followed by shots of 10x :lol:
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby n4n224ccw on Thu May 12, 2011 11:40 pm

For those of us who know the errors about OI, it sure brings into question all of the other topics covered by the series and just how accurate or misleading those shows might be.
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Vincent on Fri May 13, 2011 8:39 am

N4n,

A very valid point! The subject matter of the show in question relies heavily upon so called "hard evidence" I.E. the Holy Bible and various other predominately religious scriptures, BUT, once we introduce words such as "assumption" and "interpretation" it can and does become a very tangled web indeed.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Wow, talk about rock-solid evidence. The Knights Templar may have found the Ark. Then they may have taken it to Scotland, whereupon Sinclair may have taken it to Nova Scotia. As much as this is one theory I would like to see proven correct, it contains a few too many "mays". As for the Ark being some sort of nuclear reactor, I suppose that's entirely possible, but I'm certain that there must have been at least a few Geiger counters employed on the island at different times, and that they would have picked up on this supposed radiation leaking out of the Oak Island underground. Then again, I'm positing this without cracking open any of my books, so if I'm mistaken, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Also, at what point did the coconut fibre become a coconut "mat"?
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Return to Off topic discussion