Hello again!

This is the place to discuss any non-Oak Island topics - any discussions which have veered off topic may find themselves residing here.

Moderators: Jo, divemedic

Hello again!

Postby Vincent on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi all,

Sorry I have been away for a while, I appear to have picked up yet another virus from somewhere that was denying me access to certain sites, oddly enough though it was rather fond of redirecting me to an on line pharmacy, a flatpack furniture site and of course the obligatory gambling sites, shame really as I never use any of those type of web sites.

Anyway it's good to be back and just as the TTL issue appears to have been resolved, if politics is indeed theatre for the masses then beaurocracy must surely be the comedy element!
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Re: Hello again!

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:36 am

Vincent,

Welcome back to the forum! I was starting to wonder if perhaps you might have been the first person to rid yourself of the "Oak Island bug", even though they say that to do so is impossible once you've been bitten.

:lol:

Good to have you back on here, and a good time to be back, what with the issuing of the TTL and all.
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby Vincent on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm

All,

Here's a little something for all you "Baconites" out there, the following link is a portrait of Elizabeth I, it was painted by George Gower in 1588 and was done to commemorate the victory over the Spanish armada as depicted in the fresco's in the background.
However, if you look at Elizabeth's right hand you can clearly see that her forefinger and little finger are spanning a small and highlighted piece of land, and no you don't get a prize for working out where in the world it is :wink:
I wonder if a young Francis Bacon had anything to do with this pose? He would have been 17 years old at the time so I guess probably not, odd though that a picture painted solely to commemorate a battle against Spanish forces should feature Nova Scotia in a rather unusual way.

http://www.shafe.co.uk/crystal/images/l ... I_1588.jpg
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby n4n224ccw on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Vincent,

Thanks for sharing that, it did stir some previous work in this area of English painting for this period. Some have made a great case for hidden messages or secret imagines placed into these paintings.

I really do like the one you included in your post, but more interesting is for the two versions of this painting when compared side-by-side. Who wants to play the game of spotting the differences between the two paintings?

Perhaps one must combine the differences to identify the significance?

and

The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Vincent on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 pm

N4n,

I am intrigued by your "spot the difference" reference, I can easily see some slight differences in colouration and design of Elizabeth's clothing but I am guessing that is not the point here, could it possibly be that in the first photograph the globe appears to show a landmass more akin to Southern America making the "hand highlighted" landmass somewhere in the Caribbean? possibly hinting at a connection between the two separate places?

As you rightly point out there has been a long running debate about some old oil paintings and their possible hidden meanings, The first link I posted may be a misinterpretation on my part but I suspect you could ask anyone and their answer would be the same, Elizabeth does appear to be pointing at Nova Scotia, but why? After all wasn't the whole point of the picture to celebrate a naval victory over the Spanish? Is it possible that knowing that the pictured would eventually be viewed by the Spanish royal family she is simply gloating over something we are yet to be privy too?

Or could it simply be that OI has addled my brain so, that I am now unable to view any ancient picture or document without seeing things that simply do not exist :lol: :lol:
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby n4n224ccw on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Vincent,

Perhaps she is illuminating the future with her fingers and gloating that after her fleet and Dee's magic sunk the Spanish Armada, this is what's next.

History after 1588 does show this to be the case for the most part against Spanish domination on the eastern seaboard and Caribbean.
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds

Return to Off topic discussion