Halifax Tunnels

A place to discuss the wider context of the Oak Island mystery

Moderators: Jo, Keeled_over

Postby Pilgrim on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:48 pm

This - "L'isle d'Escosse" - refers to Nova Scotia? How is that exactly?
Pilgrim
Digging for Diamonds

Postby danielp98 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:08 pm

Hi

Yes, I've read about Portugal Cove and in my opinion this will be discovered to be the link between NS/Newfoundland and Brazil, since we have had a Portuguese settlement. As you know, in my interpretations there was a Bourbon that because of the deaths of three nobles abandonned NS and came to Brazil. He has come undercovered so the origins of his new in Brazil descendants was lost . Also, someone in other place has used this escape to do some kind of illegal appropriation. This was probably depicted in the presage below:

XCVIII. Iuin

Du lieu soumis la peste & fuite naistre,
Temps variant. vent. la mort de trois Grands:
Du ciel grands foudres. estat des Razes paistre,
Vieil prés de mort bois peu dedans vergans.

From the submitted place (NS) the evil and escape (to Brazil) were born
Instable weather. Wind. The death of three nobles(this was OI)
From the sky great lightnings(?). The state of the Razes will be fed up(???)
Old man near death small tree inside the orchard(????)

It seems the first verse describes what has happened in NS a long time ago and gave origin to part of the sercret. But it's interesting that near the chain we have Portugal Cove. I always tought about serching the pássengers list leaving Portugal Cove to Brazil I think that there may not exist a lot of them.

Best regards.. and keep searching those stones..There has been hail in Cuba yesterday.. (remember? Hail, inondation, treasure and engraved stone?)

I'm searchig thorougly ND's quatrains to see if I can find any other quatrain; I'm on the third century.

Best regards

Daniel

PS: the treasure will be found in a short period of time, do not doubt about that.
danielp98
Digging for Gold

Postby badinfluence63 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:44 pm

daniel,

Although you theory is very controversial to me, the fact you present it in a polite manner, obsorb the bit a joshing in good nature and mostly I admire your persistence. Your good natured persistence makes me hope that in someway you are right.

I think as a consequence of your good nature you've caused me to cheer you on. :)

EOID'06 or Bust!

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Postby FutureProspect784 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:36 am

Daniel,

And TYVm for your kind words.

You're very welcome. :)
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Postby Spud Islander on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 pm

Yes CBtreasure hunter there is a tunnel connecting George's island and the Citadel.My uncle has first hand knowledge of this,about 20 years ago he told me he was in the tunnell.I have old photos of the opening and a section where they could go no further.The tunnel was old and flooded but they did determine it did indead lead to the island.I will speak to him again on this subject to get you an update as I was not too interested in the subject 20 years ago.At the time I remember him saying he was not supposed to talk about it,I thought this strange because it was not like we were going to need the fort for defense anymore.The photos are at my parents I will scan them and send them to you if you want.
Spud Islander
Digging for Clams

Postby FutureProspect784 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:46 pm

Spud Islander,

Welcome to the forum! You wouldn't happen to be from Prince Edward Island, with a name like that, would you? I hope you enjoy your time here. :)
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Bud the spud

Postby Tank04 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:57 pm

Spud Islander,

I agree with FP784, you almost have to be from PEI with a handle like that. Welcome to the forum, and like FP784, I hope you enjoy being here and talking about Oak Island.

Now, on to your photographs, If you find them, and your uncle is not pulling any legs, why don't you post those photos so everyone can see them. Can you find out how they determined that the tunnel did lead to the island and not down to Water Street as a sewer connector.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby Spud Islander on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:14 pm

Yes guys I am currently living in Charlottetown PEI but I was born in Halifax NS.My parents are from the south shore of NS (born on Cape Sable Island)and I have spent alot of time boating around the islands on the south shore.I go to Halifax once a month for meeting and in the summer I go out on my bosses boat.He has it at his dad's house in Chester,we used to go shark fishing but now usually spend ourtime crusing around the islands and coves around Chester and Lunenburg.I always have to stare at Birch Island, there is something weird about that island when you look at it from the water line.Do you guys know who owns it and if you can legally go on it.I haven't asked my boss about the area yet he and his family have lived in Chester all their lives so i'm sure he can tell me alot about the islands mysteries.I just stumbled onto this web site while being off for Christmas holidays.I did alot of Dan Brown reading and other books on the simular themes and found this site full of interesting information.I hope to post here alot once I get caught up on my reading,my realitives have good stories of this area that I hope to share with you guys.
Spud Islander
Digging for Clams

Postby Spud Islander on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm

Sorry I got side-tracted by the Spud Island thing and forgot why I was replying.I have to go to the States for two weeks but I got my flight back to Halifax so I can visit the parents among other things.I will try to get the pictures then and find out more about the story.I will post them so everyone can see them.Talk to ya all later.PS I love this site and I just barely got started reading everything!!!!
Spud Islander
Digging for Clams

Postby Rick on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Spud Islander wrote:I always have to stare at Birch Island, there is something weird about that island when you look at it from the water line.Do you guys know who owns it and if you can legally go on it.

Birch Island has been brought up here before, I might mention with some wacky ideas. However, that person has been banned from this site for misbehaving. In shorty he believes the Island holds treasure. Most disagree with his "proof"
-= Friends of Oak Island Society =-
Rick
Future Tour Guide

PreviousNext

Return to Nova Scotia History & Geography