Scott Wolter has it wrong

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Re: Scott Wolter has it wrong

Postby wayward on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:25 pm

n4n224ccw wrote:There can be no doubt for Elliot's connection with attempting to bring the railway to New Ross on two different occasions.
Combine this with Elliot being credited with placing a concrete block with the words “Charing Cross” and Bob Rafuse's statement "Charing Cross is named after an old Railroad station in England", the connection grows toward establishing when the area gained its informal name of Charing Cross and why.



Is this your evidence or is there more forthcoming?

Was there ever a railroad station at New Ross?

The London Charing Cross was not named for a railroad station.
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: traverse city,michigan

Re: Scott Wolter has it wrong

Postby n4n224ccw on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:23 am

wayward wrote:
Is this your evidence or is there more forthcoming?.


That only reflects the 5 or so minutes I cared to pursue it during my archive time.

Now that I know some of the other folks involved...

wayward wrote:
Was there ever a railroad station at New Ross?.


Unfortunately for the folks of New Ross the railway never came, thus no railway station, but they sure wanted one. I bet they sure got their hopes up when the Province granted Central all that land for a route right through New Ross. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Elliot's property was the location for the train station.

wayward wrote:
The London Charing Cross was not named for a railroad station.


Indeed it was not, but the tentative New Ross railway station was going to be.

Still waiting for any document of unquestionable provenance which indicates Charing Cross before Sherbrooke.
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
User avatar
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:12 pm
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia

Re: Scott Wolter has it wrong

Postby wayward on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:20 am

n4n224ccw wrote:
wayward wrote:
Is this your evidence or is there more forthcoming?.


wayward wrote:
The London Charing Cross was not named for a railroad station.


Indeed it was not, but the tentative New Ross railway station was going to be.

Still waiting for any document of unquestionable provenance which indicates Charing Cross before Sherbrooke.



You say! "the tenative New Ross railway station was going to be".

I doubt if your evidence would stand up in any kind of a court case, but I will give you an, "at least not yet". I would always be interested in what ever you find.

I don't believe I ever said there was documented evidence of a Charing Cross before Sherbrooke, I think my stand has been that nobody seems to know the real source of the name Charing Cross.
But, as I mentioned I don't need the name of "Charing Cross" to maintain my premises. One of which is "the documented Templar treasures from Cyprus (160,000 gold florins and other treasures)" along with undocumented religious artifacts, that were shipped on 10 Templar ships to La Rochelle in early 1307 and never made their way to Temple Villeneuve in Paris, now being in a location near Annapolis Basin.

btw, I notice you are discussing latitude sailing on another channel. When do you suspect that this practice began?
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: traverse city,michigan

Re: Scott Wolter has it wrong

Postby n4n224ccw on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:18 pm

wayward wrote:I don't believe I ever said there was documented evidence of a Charing Cross before Sherbrooke, I think my stand has been that nobody seems to know the real source of the name Charing Cross.



Wayward, in the post located at:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4475&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=charing+cross&start=10#p67850

wayward wrote:I am looking for info on the Nova Scotia,"Charing Cross"which was replaced by the name "New Ross".


Sounds pretty matter of fact to me that you claim New Ross was previously called Charing Cross and sort of contridicts what you just wrote in the previous post.

Have some patients, the NS archives tell all, it just takes time to find it.
The post Revolutionary history of Oak Island is a complex web of lies and partial truths to sort through.

http://www.oakislandtheories.com
User avatar
n4n224ccw
Digging for Diamonds
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:12 pm
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia

Re: Scott Wolter has it wrong

Postby wayward on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:42 pm

n4n224ccw wrote:
wayward wrote:I don't believe I ever said there was documented evidence of a Charing Cross before Sherbrooke, I think my stand has been that nobody seems to know the real source of the name Charing Cross.


Wayward, in the post located at:

wayward wrote:I am looking for info on the Nova Scotia,"Charing Cross"which was replaced by the name "New Ross".


Sounds pretty matter of fact to me that you claim New Ross was previously called Charing Cross and sort of contridicts what you just wrote in the previous post.




Not at all, it sounds like I am looking for more information on the subject.
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: traverse city,michigan

Re: Scott Wolter has it wrong

Postby wayward on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:38 am

wayward wrote:
btw, I notice you are discussing latitude sailing on another channel. When do you suspect that this practice began?




n4n, You had argued at one time that 14th century sailors (ie Templar sailors) did not have latitude information, is this something you may have changed your mind on?
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: traverse city,michigan

Previous

Return to Your Theories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron

Fatal error: ./cache/ is NOT writable. in /home/oakislan/public_html/forum/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 103