Charing Cross

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Re: Charing Cross

Postby wayward on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 pm

I wonder if we can get more info on the recent dating of the coconut fibres? Perhaps Mi Gofer is still around?
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:22 am

wayward wrote:I wonder if we can get more info on the recent dating of the coconut fibres? Perhaps Mi Gofer is still around?

I did get a reply from Mi Gofer on this question. She said she did not think they would release the data, but she would ask. Also, she mentioned they were busy filming.

Been very quiet here lately, why is that? Does anybody still think it is possible that a group of Knights Templar's landed at Oak Island?
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 pm

In light of some of the new ongoing research by Scott Wolter and the Oak Island, "History Channel" series, I should mention that I believe I stood on top of the location of the object of these searches in the area of Annapolis Basin. My own very accurate research led me to an unnatural mound of rocks covered with many years of moss and other growth.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:10 pm

During the first decade of the existence of the Knights Templar their mission was to collect Christian relics for the Church from The Holy Land (Palestine) and Solomons Temple . They learned something of the Ark of the Covenant from the greatest Jewish teacher of the period "Rashi", who lived in Troyes, France, the birthplace of the order. All nine of these first knights were from Troyes as well as their champion Bernard of Clairvaux, Clairvaux also being near Troyes. But it is doubtful the Ark was ever found because if it was it would have been housed in a great catholic cathedral somewhere. It is far more likely they discovered an object or learned of something (or both) that they could not turn over to the Church. Hmm, maybe the sang real?
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Of course as I have been saying all along, it is IMHO that the "Sang Real" (old French) or as it is commonly now known, the "Holy Grail" did pass through Oak Island in 1308 on its way to New Ross. Then with French Catholic fisherman showing up near Mahone Bay in the mid 16th century, it and its accompanying treasure, which included a documented 160,000 gold florins along with other items were moved to a location near Annapolis Basin where they remain today.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Dave Wood on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 pm

wayward wrote:In light of some of the new ongoing research by Scott Wolter and the Oak Island, "History Channel" series, I should mention that I believe I stood on top of the location of the object of these searches in the area of Annapolis Basin. My own very accurate research led me to an unnatural mound of rocks covered with many years of moss and other growth.

Could I ask if the mound has anything to do with it and have you managed to check it out?

Dave
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:20 am

Dave Wood wrote:
wayward wrote:In light of some of the new ongoing research by Scott Wolter and the Oak Island, "History Channel" series, I should mention that I believe I stood on top of the location of the object of these searches in the area of Annapolis Basin. My own very accurate research led me to an unnatural mound of rocks covered with many years of moss and other growth.

Could I ask if the mound has anything to do with it and have you managed to check it out?

Dave

Hi Dave, Yes, there were actually three mounds which had the appearance of a centuries old family burial plot, although each seemed slightly larger than normal. They were piled about 2.5 ft. high with shale type rocks, and one of them would bounce when stepped on. The moss was about 4 to 6 inches thick and they were located in a dense woods a long ways from any structures. The most important thing about the site, IMO, is that it is exactly where my research took me, within a few feet of my established gps location.
I have since written "Nova Scotia Museums" several times, and the last time I was told the only way I could investigate would be to hire an archaeologist.
I will go back for a closer look sometime :wink:
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Dave Wood on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Have you any plans of doing a GPR survey on the site or would that infringe the TTL laws over there.I do agree with the new laws but they take the adventure and romance out of it,a small price to pay should you find what you are looking for and proven right in your theory.
Dave Wood
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Dave Wood wrote:Have you any plans of doing a GPR survey on the site or would that infringe the TTL laws over there.I do agree with the new laws but they take the adventure and romance out of it,a small price to pay should you find what you are looking for and proven right in your theory.

Kind of a dilemma, can't find proof without an archaeologist and can't hire an archaeologist without proof. No, no plans yet for anything but I'm working on it. I also agree with the laws, otherwise history would be in the hands of the scavenger. The Michigan Group owners of Oak Island could help a little if they would release the report from the C-14 dating of the coconut fibre. This is one of the many loose ends I would like to tie up.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:31 pm

wayward wrote:
wayward wrote:This is what I have discovered so far on the origin of the coconut palm. It is not native to the Caribbean area, instead being brought there by Europeans in the early centuries of ocean crossing, (ie the 16th century and after). The Caribbean coconut palms are related to the Indian Ocean variety, and as such could only have come from that source. It was not until the 19th century that the coconut became a commercial crop in the Caribbean. Thus the dating of the coconut fibre from Oak Island, of the early 13th century suggests a human deposit from the Mediterranian area as the "Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution" had insinuated. I assume the reason for this premise is because of the constant shipping from the Indian Ocean area to the countries of the eastern Mediterranian (by sea and overland), and, the very early on, production of Coir from these fibres in India to aid as packing. Although the Norse did do some Mediterranian trading, by the 13th century this had all but ended, and they were unlikely to have been in the eastern end of the Mediterranian anyhow. We do know the Knights Templar traded back and forth constantly between Europe and Palestine. Although nobody seems to be able to say with any certainty that what was found was indeed coconut fibre, the dating itself is considered fairly accurate. It does seem to be the consensus of opinion, from messages I have recieved as well as discussion on this forum that the material was coconut fibre. I understand it was described as such very early on in the continuing mystery of Oak Island, when they (the Fibres) would have been in somewhat better condition. I am not proposing anything positive, and do not consider any of this proof of anything, but it does IMHO indicate some interesting possibilities.

The so-called Michigan Mob, part owners of Oak Island have just confirmed via the History Channel that the material found by them in Smiths Cove is indeed coconut fibre and they had it dated to between 1260 and 1400 AD, this confirms at least part of my theory.

Another part of my theory was confirmed, also via the History Channel some two weeks ago when geologist Scott Wolter excavated an area in Charing Cross (New Ross) Nova Scotia that I claimed held a Templar religious artifact as well as a large amount of gold. I had also claimed that it had been moved to another location by the end of the 16th century. Resulting from the excavation, Wolter, said that he felt there had once been something there but it had been moved. His team also detected gold but did not find any.

I thought I would bring this up again hoping for a little discussion. Although Paul and I certainly had differing views, his being down to earth, and mine widely speculative, I did enjoy his input and do miss him!
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

PreviousNext

Return to Your Theories