Charing Cross

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Re: Charing Cross

Postby morpho79 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 pm

After reading about how Columbus learned there was a big country in the west from Norse settlers on Iceland and Greenland around 1477 while he was a regular enlisted man in some naval army, i am starting to think that Templar and Vikings may well have shared that information too. It's absolutely possible.

Why do you think the grail is the remains of Mary Magdalene? How did the Templars come over them? Why would they keep them a secret?
Knowledge is like jam; the less you have of it, the more you spread it around.
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm

79,there is much evidence that has come forth in the last 100 yrsthat I believe would prove to the unbiased observer(key word"unbiased)that Jesus and Mary were married.A no no to the church as the church already considers itself married to Jesus.This evidence includes the Nag Hammidi text discovered in 1945 and the Codex Beroinensis first discovered in 1896.These text also,along with other evidence show Mary Magdalene to be the mysterious Disciple that Jesus loved of the 4th gospel and therefore the author of that book,generally attributed to John,son of Zebedee.As Mary was the first disciple to see the risen lord and was therefore given the first apostleship,according to the tradition of the church she would have been the first pope,not Peter.All things to consider in the hiding of her remains and any signs of a holy bloodline.There is much more to this and if you have not yet,I would consider reading the fictional novel of Dan Brown "The da Vinci Code".Even though fictional it covers most of this quite well.As for Mary in Nova Scotia,If you are still interested I can give some of my reasons for believing so.----Bill
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby morpho79 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Bill,
I am familiar with Dan Brown, Baigent&Co and various other writings around this, including the gnostic gospels and others. While it is correct that it is rather unthinkable for a jew of Jesus' age and stature to be unmarried and without children, and that Mary Magdalene's role in this seems conspicuously subdued in the Bible, it is a long step from that to proving that they were married with children. I am still unsure why the most powerful organisation, the Templars, would find it beneficial to hide this, especially after a lot of them were arrested,tortured and killed for reasons of a totally different character. Is there an answer to this that makes any sense?

I do, in any case wish you luck with this; i have a feeling you are going to need it :)

By the way, if you haven't been there already: asv.vatican.va
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi,I am having trouble posting ,any body else? :an Edit:--I have got it straightend out now I believe."Jo"is there a time limit to make post?---Bill
Last edited by wayward on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm

79,again I need to apologize as from your questions it was hard to discern how much you know of the subject.I had a nice post here on the marriage itself but decided to delete it because of its religious overtones.I do have a website for this purpose called "magdalene press".I do not consider myself as spreading religious philosophy though,I try to keep my work historical as much as possible."79",I do have a lot of info on the Templars that I will share with you,and as some of it relates to Oak Island I hope "Jo" lets us keep it here.---Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby morpho79 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Share away! :)
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Jo on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 am

wayward wrote:I do have a lot of info on the Templars that I will share with you,and as some of it relates to Oak Island I hope "Jo" lets us keep it here.---Bill

Yes, please do share with us!
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby wayward on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 pm

OK,but apologetically I need to start near the beginning of the Templar involvement,also remember this is posted under theories.
It is well understood that the gnostic Cathars were strong adherents to the idea of a sacred marriage.I believe I can show that they even considered some of them descendents of that same marriage.The Albigensian crusade,which had actully been a military campaign designed to eradicate this heresy would have only been proposed if Catharism had become a threat to the very foundation of the church.Following the history of that campaign and its subsequent inquisition,it is easy to understand why prior knowledge of that imminent crusade would have driven any proof of that marriage underground.In the late 12th century Chretien de Troyes authored the first written text concerning the quest for the grail,with fearless knights searching for it.It important to remember that Chretien de Troyes is of the same city (Troyes)as the church council that founded the Order of the Knights Templar.It has been shown that many of these knights were of Cathar families and there were also well known as champions of Mary Magdalene.As Notre Dame (our Lady) she had become the patroness of the order.Of course this and not a greedy king was the ultimate reason for their downfall.-----more?-----Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby morpho79 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Bill,
the problem with this is that it is, at best, qualified guesses, and at worst, making conclusions based on thin air. What is lacking is rock-solid proof of even just one little thing. And thats the same problem all the people thinking the same as you have encountered. That said, it may well be that you are right. It does make sense.

It is well understood that the gnostic Cathars were strong adherents to the idea of a sacred marriage.I believe I can show that they even considered some of them descendents of that same marriage.

Yes. If you can show that some Cathars believed themselves to be descendants of Jesus and Mary, it would be great. If you can show that they actually were, you would become a rich man :)

The Albigensian crusade,which had actully been a military campaign designed to eradicate this heresy would have only been proposed if Catharism had become a threat to the very foundation of the church.

This is not necessarily a fact. There could be other reasons for the military campaign against the Cathars, and there could be other reasons they were concidered a threat to the church. But, like i said, put it in the context you've described above, and it makes sense.

It has been shown that many of these knights were of Cathar families and there were also well known as champions of Mary Magdalene.

Who has shown this and where? And is this something which is known to be a historical fact?

I'm not meaning to be difficult, but these are, i feel, natural questions which you need to be able to answer and back up.

-----more?-----

Yes, please! :)
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:06 pm

79,You are not being diffucult,but the easiest way for me to answer many of those questions without endlessly quoting others is to provide links to where you can find this evidence.Besides I want to get on with explaining my theories on how this all relates to Nova Scotia.Firstly,I am slowly entering my own book "Magdalene,the other St.Mary" onto my website, http//www.magdalenepress.com .although it cost too much to buy as it is only 40 pages and my publisher has it overpriced you can begin to read it online.It is designed to prove to the unbiased observer that Jesus and Mary were indeed at least common law man and wife.Then there is the book "The woman with the Albaster Jar"by Margaret Starbird,in chapter 4 "the twelth century awakening"she describes the Templar role in much of this including Notre Dame.One thing I would like to mention in regards to Notre Dame is the village where Mary Magdalene came ashore in 42 AD called "les Saintes-Maries_de-la-mer".It had been known throughout most of its history since then as Notre Dame-de-ratis or our lady of the raft.As There is no legend or record of Jesus mother ever landing here,the our lady (Notre Dame)has to refer to Mary Magdalene.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

PreviousNext

Return to Your Theories