Charing Cross

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Re: Charing Cross

Postby Marauder on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:50 pm

If you haven't seen the "Kheops" post in the Other Mysteries section you should check it out. There is info about the Sinclair voyage from a very strange source. Oddly enough, the mention of an underground series of natural caves at Giza may have been confirmed recently.

I know of no forklore surrounding the Blue Mountain connection. Maybe someone who lives near the area could help out.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby wayward on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah Marauder,I have been reading the "Kheops" post and find some of it very interesting.The ley line really floored me,as I have traced a ley line from Hagar's(Abraham' second wife) gravesite just outside the Ka'ba in Saudi Arabia through the exact location where Templar ships left La-Rochelle Harbor with Mary Magdalenes remains in 1307(it is and was a very small harbor)then it crosses exactly the fairy hole cave where John Macneil believed the holy grail is,and then this same ley line crosses the small entrance to Pictou Harbor (which also has a connection)and then continues to Annapolis Basin.I believe this connection is important because it connects the most maligned woman( Hagar)from the Hebrew scriptures and Mary Magdalene,the most maligned woman of the Christian Greek Scriptures.I have also been rereading Joan Hopes book on New Ross looking for anything on Blue Mountain.Its amazing how much more you can get out of something the second time through.If any interest in my ley line I will provide GPS coordinates. Bill
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby morpho79 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Bill,no worries,i am not that easily offended,and i most likely do not know more about this than you. Will check the viking-templar-connection closer. Talk about ley lines,have you looked at the three Viking strongholds in denmark, aggersborg,fyrkat and trelleborg?
Knowledge is like jam; the less you have of it, the more you spread it around.
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:10 pm

79, I have never been much into ley lines,as I had always thought they tended to be supernatural,but I know now most are not.I will definately look into the Templar ones you have just mentioned. Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Marauder on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:01 am

Another interesting aspect to this is the .pdf of NS featuring WB's grid work. PM me for a copy if anyone would like to see it. Not sure how to post a .pdf image, and can't host the file, although I found it online after WB's material was removed due to litigation aimed at the host site.

There are three "pyramid" apexes located at Pictou, Mt. Uniacke, and an area not far from Tantallon.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby wayward on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Marauder, got the goods,thanks,I will spend some time on it.I did come across this accidently before but kind of brushed past it. Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 am

Do any of you Oak Islandites know of any time period for the name Charing Cross?I have determined it came from the like named town in England(near London)which had the Cross added to its name of Charing in about 1294(a very interesting story in itself),but I am looking for the year,decade or even century,this name was given to the town now known as New Ross.Just trying to keep up the controversy. Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Jo on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Charing Cross is actually an area of central London, more famous nowadays for being a busy railway station. It's about half a mile from my office. Charing is an example of a hamlet which was once on the outskirts of the city which has since been consumed by the urban sprawl of London.

Charing Cross was once thought of as the absolute centre of London, being where distances between cities were calculated from. The earliest mention I could find of the location was1290 when a cross was erected to mark the site of the resting-place of the body of Queen Eleanor, but the settlement probably existed much earlier than this.

Charing Cross railway station by the Thames.

Hope that helps!
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby wayward on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks for the reply Jo,but no it doesn't help.I had known about the english "Charing Cross".I am looking for info on the Nova Scotia,"Charing Cross"which was replaced by the name "New Ross".What I am thinking (my addition to my theory,lol)is that the name Charing Cross came from England with Templar Knights,mostly because the year the name "Cross"became attached to "Charing, England"(1294)is the same year I have them beginning to establish a presence in Nova Scotia.I did not know,however,that "Charing Cross "in England was now a part of London. Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Jo on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Is Charing / New Ross a settlement built around a crossroads? Could it be that the name evolved as the are was seen as a confluence of routes, and thus a trading post?
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Your Theories