Charing Cross

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Re: Charing Cross

Postby . . . on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:36 am

If the coconut fibre came from Smith’s Cove, what are the chances that it was degraded by immersion in sea water, and that this has adversely affected the result of carbon dating? I've got some that was sent to an OI researcher by R.V. Harris, but decided not to get it checked out for this reason.

What is to be inferred by the date range 1260 to 1400; is this 1330 + or - 70 years, this being one standard deviation?
. . .
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:33 am

. . . wrote:If the coconut fibre came from Smith’s Cove, what are the chances that it was degraded by immersion in sea water, and that this has adversely affected the result of carbon dating? I've got some that was sent to an OI researcher by R.V. Harris, but decided not to get it checked out for this reason.

What is to be inferred by the date range 1260 to 1400; is this 1330 + or - 70 years, this being one standard deviation?

As I understand it, the degrading of DNA results by saltwater is directly related to the depth of the water the object was found in. If this is the case, I do not believe the coconut fibre found in Smith's Cove would be very much effected.

As for the + or - 70 years, for some reason we don't yet have a published report on the DNA results. All we know about the dating is what they told us on their TV show which was 1260 to 1400

Assuming the dating is correct and the use of the SEM, also on the show, which compared the material to known coconut fibre did prove it to be coconut fibre. This date range would infer that whoever brought the material to Oak Island had an Eastern Med. connection during that time frame. 1492 would be too late and 1000 AD would be too early.
The only group that would seem IMO to fit this envelope would be the Knights Templar. As we know many escaped France in 1307 with a number of vessels after arriving in France from Cyprus earlier that same year.

Hopefully Rick and Marty will release the DNA report soon.
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:23 pm

I would like to make one point clear on "coconut fibre" for anyone new to reading this forum.
Anything related to coconuts anywhere in the Atlantic Basin dated prior to the 16th century had to have been brought there by ship from somewhere other than the Atlantic Basin. The term Atlantic Basin refers to all of the area between the east coast of the Western Hemisphere and the west coast of the Eastern Hemisphere, this includes the Gulf and Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
It is well documented that the first known coconut palms in the AB where brought there by Portuguese sailors in 1499-1500.
If :wink: the SEM analysis and DNA testing done by the Michigan group on Oak Island coconut fibre is accurate (which btw does confirm the many earlier tests on the same subject), it would prove a vessel containing coconut fibre that had contact with a supplier of this material from outside of the AB arrived at the Island earlier then 1500AD.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:51 am

wayward wrote:
n4n224ccw wrote:

Perhaps the Knights Templar deposited their treasure on your island west of Scotland and which still waits for a modern day sleuth to come along and to discover it.

Your knowledge of events in England, Ireland, and Scotland with respect to Templar arrests seems to come from popular myth, rather than from archival records such as those summarized by Burgtorf, Crawford, and Nicholson. 'Processus factus contra Templarios in Scotia, 1309' alone dispels all of the modern day cult like beliefs of events in Scotland.

With the coconut fibre discussion having bombed out, at least temporarily, I thought I would answer a few of your questions on this subject.

Most of the Templar addicts have the orders vessels escaping LaRochelle sometime within a two day period prior to the October 13, 1307 "surprise" :wink: arrests. There is creditable evidence that de Molay knew of the impending arrests at least 30 days earlier. I premise these ships left LaRochelle nearly 30 days before the arrests under orders from de Molay himself. Of course not all of them went to Scotland, some of them, as we both know sailed to Portugal
You mentioned that Templars arriving in Scotland would be arrested on the spot, but by my figuring they would have arrived in the Western Isles even before the arrests in France took place. As for events in the Western Isles, Somerled, the Lord of Argyll in the 12th century had bequethed most of his lands to his eldest son, who btw, was half Norse because of Somerleds marriage to Ragnhildis the daughter of the Norse King of the Hebrides and Mann. The Dougall clan derived its name of MacDougall (son of Dougall) from Somerleds Grandson. In 1307, Clan MacDougall was in control of the western Isles.
In late 1307 (late September) a few innocuous vessels showing up off the coast of Western Scotland flying the Templar banner would not have caused much concern to the Christian MacDougall Clan. It is doubtful if they could have learned of the problems in France and later England before the next summer. As I already mentioned, the only two Templars arrested in Scotland were not arrested until 1309, and then only by English authorities. A short distance from the Isle of Mull, lies the Ardchattan Priory, (where some of my relatives are from). This Priory was erected by the MacDougalls for the Valliscaulian Order of monks, who had connections to the Citercians (founders of the Templar Order in 1118). They would have certainly welcomed monks of the Templars and probably would have helped to supply them for their upcoming voyage.
I premise the galleys leaving for the Vikings "Vinland" would have departed by late spring 1308, still too early for the Lords of the Isle to know much of the events in France, remember the Western Isles had little to do with even Scotland at the time. Some of the creditable legends that discuss these events go on to storys of Templar memorial slabs with knights carved into the stone and Templars serving under Robert the Bruce at Bonnockburn. I certainly don't completely discount either of these storys, but also neither is important to my own theory. There is a wealth of information against the stone slabs being of Templar origin, but I do have some questions about them, for instance two of the carvings show a sword and a galley with a hanging rudder, which I have precieved as a then very modern design of Venetian origin, not in use by 13th century Scot sailors. But again as I mentioned not important my own premises.

These stone slabs are now being mentioned as having been carved by stone masons of skills not seen in the western isles prior to the 14th century. The point being that these experienced stone carvers showed up in Scotland during the period of the attempted arrest of all Templars in France on 13 October 1307. It is of course a fact that the Knights Templar had employed the most renowned stone carvers in Europe.
Perhaps these graveslabs are not actually Templar markers but were indeed carved by Templar stone masons. There were some 2500 Knights not accounted for in the French arrest records, where did they go? What were their professions?
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:36 pm

wayward wrote:Here is the link to the David Teniers painting mentioned in the shepherdess parchment,
a little game, see if you can spot the "Horse of God" and the map of Nova Scotia.

http://www.flicker.com/photos/renzodionigi/3538889852/

clue 1; The bats ears are the horses nostrils!

This is so interesting that I thought I would bring it up again. This Teniers painting hung in the Louvre at the time of Sauniere and is most likely the one mentioned in the Shepherdess Parchment.
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Ryan1 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:12 am

wayward wrote:
wayward wrote:Here is the link to the David Teniers painting mentioned in the shepherdess parchment,
a little game, see if you can spot the "Horse of God" and the map of Nova Scotia.

This is so interesting that I thought I would bring it up again. This Teniers painting hung in the Louvre at the time of Sauniere and is most likely the one mentioned in the Shepherdess Parchment.

Hi wayward,

Where is the map of Nova Scotia in this painting? I do not see it.

Keep up the posts. I check in from time to time and read them.
Ryan1
Digging for Ore

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:41 am

This is so interesting that I thought I would bring it up again. This Teniers painting hung in the Louvre at the time of Sauniere and is most likely the one mentioned in the Shepherdess Parchment.[/quote]

Ryan1 wrote,
Hi wayward,
Where is the map of Nova Scotia in this painting? I do not see it.
Keep up the posts. I check in from time to time and read them.[/quote]

First find the "Horse of God" mentioned in the Shepherdess Parchment. This feature stands very large behind and above St. Anthony, the bats ears form its nostrils as it faces the viewer, and one ear is seen (the right one). The Horse identifies this as the correct Teniers.

From the Shepherdess Parchment:
"Shepherdess no temptation that Poussin Teniers hold the key PAX 681 by the cross and this Horse of God I finish off this guardian daemon at midday blue apples."

the phrase "no temptation" identifies the correct Poussin!
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Previous

Return to Your Theories