Charing Cross

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Charing Cross

Postby wayward on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:15 pm

I have a theory (and I am sure many share it)That the Knight Templars first came to Nova Scotia(Vinland)in about 1290-1294,anchored on Mahone Bay(maybe even on Oak Island)and founded a village at Charing Cross,which was named for a village in London that they were familar with.The purpose of this village was to provide a future refuge site for themselves and grail family members that they had taken on the protection of shortly after the fall of Mont-segar in 1244.They learned of Vinland through their interaction with the northmen while trading in the area of the North Sea.Although the Vikings Island hopped to Vinland the Templars became familer with latitude sailing and would sail direct from La-Rochelle to Cape Breton then turn south along the coast to Mahone Bay.When they had made a dash for saftey in 1307 (everyone is familar with that story),most went to Scotland while some traveled to Vinland (making a very dangerous October north atlantic crossing).The others came in 1308,although for certain not all of them,as many would have dreaded such a long and dangerous sea voyage.When French catholic fisherman began showing up around 1520 or so,They decided to dismantle their village and many assimilated into the local,friendly and helpful,mi'kmaq population,with many of the others (Templars and Grail Family)leaving to find a safer haven as well as satisfy a yearning to explore.Before they split up though they hid the Holy Grail itself(which they had brought with them from France)in the Annapolis Basin area.I have circumstantial evidence for all of the parts of this theory,some more so then others,and I am always looking for more. Bill :wink:
on the trail of the grail
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Re: Charing Cross

Postby morpho79 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Well,
I have a feeling i've heard something like this before, especially the templar/Mi'kmaq-connection :p

I find your use of Vikings interesting, though. Where did you get this information? It is rather interesting.
Knowledge is like jam; the less you have of it, the more you spread it around.
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:36 pm

79, It is well known that the Vikings and Templars shared many of the same trading routes throughout Europe.Scotland was connected to Norway and the Vikings in one way or another for nearly 500 years untill 1266,with the Orkney's and Shetlands for another 200 years after that.A stone was found at a known Templar church,called Temple Midlothian in Scotland,which I have always thought of as another Refuge site similar to New Ross,but closer.The Templars have had a very close connection to Scotland themselves.This stone had obvious Viking symbols and inscriptions.To me it would be impossible to believe that they did not have an extensive interaction.All they would have needed would have been a few maps and discussions over some ale to determine that they could make this voyage,of course being already fair navigators.Also we already know the Vikings had been to North America,and their discription of Vinland perfectly fits Nova Scotia.There is much more I have found on this,but I am also hoping to hear someone else chime in with some I have not come across. :wink:
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Jo on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Bill,

I don't know whether you have ever read The Templar's Secret Island: The Knights, the Priest and the Treasure? It's about a Danish Island with Templar churches, strange inscribed stones and plenty of treasure. I thought it may be able to offer some insights into Templar trading routes in Northern Europe for you, not to mention being a riviting read!

Here's some more information:

Does the remote Baltic island of Bornholm hold the key to an ancient secret? A secret that links it to the enigmatic village of Rennes-le-Chateau in the French Pyrennes and the tunnels beneath Mount Sion in Jerusalem? What is its connection with the Templar Knights, and what were they trying to hide on such a distant isle? THE TEMPLARS' SECRET ISLAND is a journey of awe-inspiring breadth and complexity, a journey that spans Europe and reaches into ancient Palestine, that first takes us thousands of years into the past and then back to our own time. It is a journey that casts new light on some of the most important enigmas of modern science.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Templars-Secret ... 030&sr=8-5
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks "Jo",I will check out that book.Part of my point was,of course,that the Templars and the Vikings traveled the same trading routes,even though it was near the end of the Viking era (maybe by then they were less aggressive).I have just come across a referance to "Blue Mountian".I believe it is the one north of New Ross(on highway 12).Does anybody know anything about that area,as I have never been there?
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby morpho79 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Norwegian Vikings travelling to and settling in Scotland,the Orkneys and shetlands, as well as Greenland and Iceland is well known; the link between Vikings and Templars, however, isn't as commonly known, i should think, because i can't remember hearing about it before, so it can't be something every person interested in Templars and/or Vikings knows about. I'm not saying it wasn't so, but i would like to know where i could learn more about this connection.
Knowledge is like jam; the less you have of it, the more you spread it around.
morpho79
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:29 pm

79, You can research this on the internet.First look up Borholm Island,)that Jo just mentioned)and its connection to the Templars and Vikings,and after that just general connections.This internet is a wonderful thing,I almost think if it isn't there it doesn't exist.But please remember I didn't mean they worked together,just that the Templars learned of Vinland from them,but even at that there are many references to somewhat of an interaction.btw ,I would still like to know about Blue Mountain.Thanks, Bill :-)
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby wayward on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

79, I know that you know more about this then I do,and you have been probably working on it far longer.I am simply working on a theory and in doing so I may have sounded a little condescending,which is not at all what I intended.Thats what happens when I go back and read a post I made a few hours earlier .This search is very important to me and I am looking for whatever help I can get. Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Postby Marauder on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:45 am

I think Henry Sinclair had Norse Connections. His templar connections are still up for debate.
There is a Blue Mountain just up the road from New Ross. Looks like a community. There is another in Pictou County. Just up the road from The Garden of Eden...

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/pdf/maps/map_of_nova_scotia.pdf

There is also a Birch Cove wilderness area with a Blue Mountain attached.
Marauder
Digging for Gold

Postby wayward on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks Marauder,The Blue Mountain I think I am interested in is the one up the road from New Ross.Do you know of any of the terrain features,or any unusual stories connected with this town?Yes,I also think Henry Sinclair had Norse connections,I havn't been into that in awhile,but I will now.I also believe H.S.made the controversial voyage to N.S. he has been credited with,but I think Templar sites were already established by that time (1398).I believe that if he did make that trip it would have been to connect some of the grail and Templar families that may have stayed behind in 1308. Bill
wayward
Digging for Diamonds

Next

Return to Your Theories