My theory

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Postby JodyLane3 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:21 pm

Yes that's what I meant. I was digging this old topic up to show Tank I have been a member for some time and twice it has cut me out so as to start anew.
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Re: My theory

Postby Guest on Mon May 29, 2006 10:47 pm

you are on the right track
JodyLane wrote:I am going out on a limb here, but here it is.

I believe the treasure on Oak Island may be connected to the famous 1715 hurricane loss of gold and silver being sent back to Spain from the New World. Mel Fisher uncovered millions from the loss of the Atocha which went down in 1622.
Imagine a few treasure laden ships getting caught up in a hurricane of the shores of Florida and sinking. But one ship manages to survive. The crew realizes it would be considered lost as well. So the ship makes its' way up the east coast northward, using gold and silver coinage minted in the crude manner the spanish did in America to buy supplies. Lets face it the gold pieces of eight found in these shipwrecks were going to Spain, not coming from it so these coins were minted in America.

Because the English, the French and the Spanish were all trying to gain footholds in America, many manners of coinage was used in America so Spanish coins would not have raised suspicion.

Because so much gold and silver left the New World, there must have been much deep mining. So for my theory's sake, there may have been several mining engineers on board this one surviving ship.

Realizing they had a fortune and would be executed for not bringing the treasure to the rulers of Spain, they decided to travel somewhere to deposit the treasure for some length of time until it would be expected that everyone back home would accept that they died in the storm. At that point they could recover the treasure, divide it up, and live quietly in the New World.

Arriving on Oak Island, with the mining engineers, they construct a maze of tunnels where the gold and silver are stached. Now once these tunnels are complete, they need a way to keep others from reaching the treasure. So they construct the Money Pit as an air tight cork screw and actually leave signs something is buried right there, like the block and tackle on the oak tree. Once the Money Pit is dug up, water is pulled through the tunnels like Champaigne flying out of the bottle when the cork is pulled out.

My belief is even if those who might have been chasing this one ship found the Pit and tried to dig it up and got swamped, the builders of the Pit and tunnels had some way of shutting it off.

As for all the drilling at the Money Pit over the years, there may be treasure in it, but just a small porton as a decoy. The rest resides in the tunnels. A piece of partchment and a few gold links of chain could have been dropped haphazardly by the originators of the pit.

As for why the originators of the Pit never returned. Possibly another storm took thier lives.

I can't believe that the Pit was constructed more than 100 years before the 1795 bunch found it. There was a man made road on the Island at that time and anyone who has farmed will tell you even if rake up the top soil, after a certain number of years weeds and grass will eventually cover it up.

My conclusion is that the only scientific proof of treasure resides with Dan Blankenship and bore hole X. His photos may be murky, but they show something. If I ever win one of those $200 million dollar lotteries here in the USA, I'll pay David Tobias his $12 million to go look into the Pit as long as he signs over the land to Blankenship at bore hole X, where I'd spend twice as much to solve the mystery. Anyone have the winning numbers to the Powerball???
Jody

Postby JodyLane3 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:13 pm

badinfluence63 wrote:JodyLane3,

Are you saying you are Vorle?

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)

Who is Vorle? I haven't been in a while, though I have been around for about 5 years now.

Jody
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Postby badinfluence63 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:49 pm

JodyLane3,

I don't remember why I asked that. I'm an old fart and that comes with, in my case, a bad memory.

And hello and welcome back.

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Re: Spanish connection

Postby JodyLane3 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Procutus wrote:JodyLane;

I too, feel that you're theory has merit, although I have to agree with both Tank and GB about the timeframe of the original workings, which I believe to be early 16th century. As to the nature of the treasure itself, my own theory is that it's either Aztec or Incan in origin, looted by conquistadors. I also agree with your general theory that the crew of the ship or ships were most likely sunk in an Atlantic story enroute home. This would explain why in nearly four hundred years there were no deathbed accounts from sailors claiming to know where a fabulous hoard of gold and precious gemstones lay.

I also agree with you regarding the existance of a decoy treasure within the depths of the original Money Pit itself; I believe this is what the 1849 group drilled through with their pod auger. One point though where our theories diverge is on the purpose of the Money Pit. I believe it to be the original point of entry into the ground by the original workers and that they tunneled through to the other chambers from there and created the two flood tunnels, then worked backwards and filled the pit. It was intended to be the area that would be discovered in the future, but not the means to which the treasure could be retrieved.

That secret has died with the designers of the underground workings.

In any event, I look forward to discussing various aspects of the Spanish theory with you as time goes on. I'm also encouraged by the fact that this theory is the one that Dan Blankenship seems to believe in as well.

warm regards,

Procutus

My I look back and realize how little I knew about what had been dug up over the years on the island and how much testing had been done on things retrieved from the depths of these shafts and realize that my time line really is way off. Thanks for not really shooting me down years ago guys. Yeah Jody Lane is an earlier sign in name that somehow got scrambled up with the password or something. Course I have a completely different email now than then.
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Re: My theory

Postby JodyLane3 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:21 pm

I wish that i could erradicate most of my conclusions at the beginning of this thread. The more I talk and correspond with Tank about his insight into the island the more I see that this wasn't a project that came into play by some matter of circumstance.
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Previous

Return to Your Theories