Welcome to 'Your Theories'

Please post your theories for discussion here. Expect plenty of questions and devil's advocacy.

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Welcome to 'Your Theories'

Postby Jo on Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:50 am

As requested by members, here is a new section where you can describe your own theories and ideas, and put forward theories for debate.
Jo
Site Admin

Postby CaduceusBearer on Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:32 pm

There is an old tale about Oak Island that states that seven people must die before the treasure is recovered, there have been six so far...anyone in the mood to be a martyr? :lol: What it is going to be like when we finally recover what ever is in the vault? Are there any other treasures as cool as Oak Island? Ive read a lot about many different treasure caches all over the shores and islands of Nova Scotia. A great read, and one of my favourite OI books is [url]Tracking Treasure[/url] by William.S.Crooker, its very good. If you haven't read it I recommend it to everyone on this site. I think one of the most interesting theories on OI is the severed hand, and human corpse deep down the shaft. I really can't elaborate on it having never seen the footage, but I first heard about it in a novel loosely based on the island. Wouldn't that be interesting if there was a real human body down there, they could forensically examine it and provide much more insight into the whole mystery.
What I can't get over is how many people have never even heard of it. You ask someone " have you ever heard about Oak Island?" , and the reply is usually the same, "nope"
On a visit to Chester two years ago, none of the locals I spoke too gave half a damn about the island. "Oak Island?, Yeah it's a hotel down the road a ways." How can you live so close and have virtually no interest in it? That just blows my mind, anyhow, I think there is something on the island itself which is very crucial in the quest to find the treasure, Nolans cross for instance. Is it chance that those giant rocks were laid out in such a fashion? My theory on the island, when we find the treasure, we are either going to be greatly dissapointed, or witness something beyond our wildest dreams. If by a shred of chance, a holy artifact was found, it could change the world drastically. Im a big fan of the book of Revelations and it speaks of a rapture among believers during a time very similiar to that of our modern day. Wouldn't the discovery of something like the Holy Grail really set that off? What I really hope is that when the treasure is recovered, there is another map leading to the real treasure, that way this site can go on even longer :lol:
CaduceusBearer
Digging for Clams

Locals

Postby Tank04 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:19 am

CaduceusBearer,

Glad to see you were able to come and visit us in Nova Scotia, I hope your trip was a nice one filled with lots of memories. Your quote below is slightly inaccurate. Read my link.

"What I can't get over is how many people have never even heard of it. You ask someone " have you ever heard about Oak Island?" , and the reply is usually the same, "nope"
On a visit to Chester two years ago, none of the locals I spoke too gave half a damn about the island. "Oak Island?, Yeah it's a hotel down the road a ways." How can you live so close and have virtually no interest in it? That just blows my mind"
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby andrew on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:54 am

Perhaps the problem of people never hearing about Oak Island is not enough publicity. I think Oak Island information should be taught in school. It would only bring more support for the matter. Someone needs to come up with the money and if sole individuals such as Mr. Blankenship is unable to do so without risking the ownership of his beloved island, who will. When it comes to these kinds of things, the best shot other than private corperations is the Government. If anyone can put up the cash, it is them.
andrew
Digging for Gold

Postby badinfluence63 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:38 pm

Andrew,

There are corporate tools that invoke the Oak Island mystery as a learning mechanism for trouble shooting skills. As well there are elementary lesson plans that invoke the Oak Island mystery as a learning tool.

Sincerely,

BI63
(OITS Member)
Whewww...where does the time go!
badinfluence63
Treasure hunter

Location: New England and relatively close and accessible to Nova Scotia.

Locals

Postby Tank04 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:44 pm

Andrew,

...if sole individuals such as Mr. Blankenship is unable to do so without risking the ownership of his beloved island, who will.

Write a letter or e-mail to this guy, http://gov.ns.ca/legislature/MEMBERS/ca ... ucher.html
and see what he tells you. Contact him here, http://www.gov.ns.ca/dtc/contact.asp

You may even want to lend your own voice to the cause being championed by the Oak Island Tourism Society by becoming a member. Contact us for a membership here; www.oakislandsociety.ca and click on "Join."
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby FutureProspect784 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:11 am

BI, Tank,

Maybe you noticed, or maybe you didn't, but you guys, and now me, have just ressurected a thread exactly two years old. :)
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Old thread

Postby Tank04 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:03 pm

FP784,

...have just ressurected a thread exactly two years old.

Well, actually, it was BI, but I think he had a good reason to go there and I naturally followed up with my two cents worth.
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Re: Old thread

Postby FutureProspect784 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:20 am

Tank04 wrote:FP784,

...have just ressurected a thread exactly two years old.

Well, actually, it was BI, but I think he had a good reason to go there and I naturally followed up with my two cents worth.

You're right, it was BI. Follow the leader, you know. :lol:
88’s

FP

“I Want YOU.........To Solve The Oak Island Mystery!”

UNCLE SAM
FutureProspect784
Official Tour Guide

Liberal Guy

Postby Tank04 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:54 pm

FP784,

You're right, it was BI. Follow the leader, you know.

Despite our differences, I could choose worse guys to follow. :wink:
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Next

Return to Your Theories