Light-hearted on-topic banter in our own virtual pub! Nuggets of humour found here!!

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Postby Vincent on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi all,
I put this here because its very off topic and in all fairness could potential become a bit silly as well (Vernon ring any bells??)
So anyway it's 2012, are the ancient sky God going to return and enslave us all? will the Earth's passage through the edge of the Milky way tear the planet apart? Are politicians all about to start tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Is Taco Bell going to create something edible or will WalMart introduce a strict dress code? either way it could be the end of the world as we know it (queue REM :D )

Anyone have any thoughts on this subject or shall I just up my medication and go back to living under the stairs where I belong? :lol:
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Re: 2012

Postby D'Arcy on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Vincent:

Oddly enough, you are not off topic at all. As any reader of "The Oak Island Code" knows, the book (which is entirely factual) takes place in the summer of 2012. And something far more significant than your mere wishful dreams is about to transpire. Just take a peek at OjO's chest in the closing page of the book.

Hallelujah brother, She doth walk among us!

D'Arcy
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Tank04 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey, hey Vinnie, how's she goin old sock?

If the world ceases to exist after Dec. 31st this year and you belive it, then I say go out and load up your credit cards, buy expensive stuff and live like a king until the end. If the sky gods come back, then suck up to them for a good job.

As D'Arcy notes (testify mah brother), all is revealed in the Oak Island Code, it is in fact a template for life.
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Location: Chester Municipality, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia

Postby Vincent on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:14 am

D'Arcy and Tank,

Good to hear from you both, I am very well thank you, very busy with my ancient sky God fall out shelter and constantly monitoring the menu board at TacoBell but other than that I'm fine. :)

My honest opinion about the whole 2012 shenanigans is simply that the Earth passes through natural phases of change on a regular basis, 2012 maybe the start of the next phase but (I strongly suspect) the apex of which will not occur in our lifetimes or indeed for several thousands of years, how sceptics can herald the coming of judgement day based on the Mayan calendar is beyond me.
It (allegedly) stops on Dec. 21 2012, maybe the guy got bored or was just simply eaten by a Jaguar, perhaps he took a nasty spill down one of those precarious looking stairways on a temple at Chichen Itza, we may never know, he may even have been to a land to the north in search of Eldorado :wink:
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby Tank04 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Vinnie,

Lots of prognosticators, very little action. The doomsdayers have been telling us for centuries we are at the end of times but we keep going along, frankly, it is a yawner for me. Remember the Hell and pestilence we were assured of at the end of our last century by prophets and such? Wha, Wha!!

I think the guy at Chichen Itza started running when he heard “The Spanish are coming, the Spanish are coming!!!”
Curator, Explore Oak Island Display,visit: http://chesterbound.com/Oak%20Island/ex ... Island.htm
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby JodyLane3 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Isnt this whole 2012 thing some idea cooked up by Chris Carter for the X-files series finale?
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Postby Tank04 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

JodyLane3,

Not to give this end of the world thing much wind under it’s wings, but it is all based on the Mayan calendar which by the way, according to experts, is very difficult to interpret. So, the fact that there is a lot of important information missing, mix in some paranoia, a dash of hype, bake to the delight of fearful people and voila, you have a new pending tragedy to rip one’s hair out over.

On December 31st, I expect Vinnie and I will be delightfully drunk and celebrating with wild abandon (an ocean apart mind you) as we herald in 2013, care to join us?
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby JodyLane3 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Well Tank, being a recovered alcoholic i wont be getting drunk but who knows i may join you guys online.

jody
JodyLane3
Digging for Gold

Postby Tank04 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Well Tank, being a recovered alcoholic i wont be getting drunk but who knows i may join you guys online.

Well then, on December 31st. you may as well tip one back and say to "heck with it." But, as I am no believer of any end of the world scenarios I am of the opinion that you should exercise the good sense you have, maintain the status quo and stay dry. You don't need that monkey on your back. :wink:
Tank04
Treasure hunter

Postby vernon on Sun May 27, 2012 6:03 pm

All,

Trust Vincent to bring something like this up!!
If any one is interested in the forth coming events of 2012 they only had to ask!!!!

People often ask me about the past but rarely the future.
On the subject of 2012 though I can assure you you'll all be fine.
Time for me to be moving on for a while, still many things to see and do!
See you all soon I hope. :wink:
Please read up on my unique offer.
vernon
Digging for Coal

Next

Return to The Spyglass Inn