Masquerade

Light-hearted on-topic banter in our own virtual pub! Nuggets of humour found here!!

Moderators: Jo, admiralbenbow, Keeled_over

Masquerade

Postby Vincent on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:58 pm

During the late 70's early 80's a man from Gloucestershire became fairly famous for writing a children's book called Masquerade, this book also contained a treasure hunt which was eventually solved but by what appear to have been under unsportsmanlike conditions, in other words they cheated.
I actually remember trying to solve the puzzle in this book as a child and was reminded of it earlier today when on "BBC iplayer" I noticed that there was recently shown a documentary about the author, Mr Kit Williams, not only did I discover that the treasure was buried just up the road from where I now live but that it contains a portrait painted by Mr Williams of a young girl who bares an uncanny resemblance to an angry OJO :lol:

Here is the link to the program, watch out for OJO at about the 4 min. 26 sec. mark. :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... asquerade/

I hope I don't get into trouble for this :D :D

I should point out that Mr Williams is an artist who paints quite a lot of nudes, although very tastefully done there are scenes that small children or old people with very weak hearts should not watch :lol:
Quick pass me a spade! I`ve had another idea.
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Re: Masquerade

Postby Jo on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:07 pm

I don't think you can get iPlayer outside of the UK due to the licence fee, but you sure as hell can in Holborn. :shock:

I don't remember reading anywhere that OjO was in the habit of hanging out with crustacians in the buff.
[b]Website & Forum Manager[/b]
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Keep up to date with the Oak Island treasure hunt by following us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OakIsland
Jo
Site Admin

Postby Vincent on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Ooops! I realised later that I had the wrong time so I adjusted it by a few seconds, ill try and get the actually picture up. :oops:
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby Vincent on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Here is the OJO picture I was refering to...

Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Postby D'Arcy on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Vincent:

That's definitely the OjO hottie and diabolical vixen that Danny and I had in mind while writing "The Oak Island Code". (Number One on the New York Times best-seller list for 26 straight weeks). And she's the same one who currently appears in the ongoing saga of "A Fistful of Dullards".

D'Arcy

PS: Does she have a sister?
D'Arcy
Future Tour Guide

Postby Vincent on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:35 pm

D'Arcy wrote:PS: Does she have a sister?

Surely Joke Island isn't big enough for two OjO's? :D
Vincent
Future Tour Guide

Return to The Spyglass Inn